Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Laundry Chute

One of the bonus features to our house is the laundry chute. It is so wonderful to not have to carry baskets of dirty clothes downstairs to the laundry room. Jazlyn is way more excited now about putting her dirty clothes down the "chute." I predicted months ago that Matsen would have a great ol' time throwing things down the chute and yesterday this prediction was fulfilled. Since yesterday Matsen has probably thrown atleast 30 things down the chute. He thinks it is the funnest thing in the world. We already have a hard enough time finding things lately with him hiding everything. Now it might actually be easier to find missing shoes, etc. : just look in the laundry chute. I'll just have to be careful what goes in the wash!





I just adore this cute face and the proud look he has on his face. He thinks it's the funnest game ever and when we try to stop him, he just laughs and laughs. I don't know why I find his newest hobby so endearing, but I do. I just know that years down the road I'll miss finding shoes and play food in the laundry basket. My only concern now is that he will one day decide to climb into the chute himself and see where it goes. This would not be unlike him at all. He already climbs and gets stuck in odd places.
Last night I cut Jazlyn's hair. It looks so cute, but I have not taken a picture of it yet. I now play piano in junior primary, which is really fun, and I love hearing Jazlyn's voice singing along. Last week, the chorister asked what we do on Sundays and Jazlyn said, "We go to church!!" Then she popped up to look at me and said, "That was me mom!!" (This is huge for her because she usually does not like being noticed in big groups unless she feels super comfortable around them, which takes a long time). I was so proud of her!
Other than that, we are just trying to survive the heat. It was over a hundred a few days last week and we are dying in our house, that gets up to 95 degrees in the coolest part of the house.


10 comments:

Rachel said...

What cute pictures- well, what a cutie Matsen is! If we came over, I know Ryley would love the shute too... I can see binky's flying down it now! Hope to see you soon and bummed you can't catch a flick with me this week- I might have to go alone!

Lisa said...

Matsen looks SO GROWN UP! I'm glad to hear that Jazlyn is participating in Primary. I don't think that Brian really participates yet. We'll see when the Primary Program happens at the end of Sept.

The Hadley Family said...

Oh, the FUN your kids will have with that laundry chute. Garth's family had one in their upstairs bathroom when he was growing up. It too was used for "far more" than laundry. ;)
P.S. We miss your family in our ward.

Crystal said...

That is a way funny story. That is nice to have a chute, it probably cuts down on a lot of the clothes mess. Enjoy your findings from Matsen!

Sarah said...

Funny kid. The things kids find to entertain themselves. Cute pictures too!

Monica said...

I think it would be nice to have a laundry shoot but I would be very worried to find my kids falling, or climbing down it! I am glad Matsen is having fun with it. When I was a kid I was playing at my friends house. We were in her parents closet playing with shoes or something and they had a laundry shoot on the floor in their closet, that wasn't covered. I fell down it! It was very scary and my arms got all scratched up. Just keep an eye on those cute kids!

Michelle is also trying to survive the heat. She is due any day with her fourth little girl and she is so big and uncomfortable. They have one little window A/C in their living room, but it still gets in the 80's in that room!

Harlin Family said...

My grandparents had one of those laundry chutes and one of my siblings did go down and get stuck so watch out!

Lisa said...

Just wait, boys keep the craziest things in thier pockets. I find rocks in the laundry and toys in the fridge

Larsen said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! I love that she had to tell you that it was here that made that comment. And Matsen is so cute. I love his hair!

Saratoga Six said...

cute chinese clothes! There is something about chutes that are too fun. I was always entranced with Grandma Larsens.