Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to my man!

Just want to publicly wish Wes a happy birthday! I know I do not give him enough gratitude and credit for all that he does for me and our family. He works so hard, is a great father and husband and we all love him very much! I'm sure he would not be happy if I posted how old he is today, so we'll just pretend he's 24 still like when we met...Jazlyn gets so excited about birthdays. She had so much fun helping me make his cake and made him cut out pictures of everyone in his extended family, including an eagle, which she called a turtle? I didn't quite get it either. She is too silly!
As a side note, we are entering some scary ground with Jazlyn already. Last night we went to some people's house for dinner from church and she started playing Sleeping Beauty and told their 8 year old little boy to come kiss and wake her up. Luckily, I heard from the other room in time to let her know we weren't playing kissing games....EEEKK!

You can't tell too much from this picture, but Matsen reached the cake when none of us were looking and decided to sample the frosting (hence the three finger marks in the icing) before Wes had blown out his candles. He enjoyed this cake much more than his own birthday cake.

7 comments:

Julie and Pete said...

Happy Birthday Wes

Marci said...

Happy birthday Wes! Now let's see if Scott remembers to call his brother before I remind him... ;-)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Wes! I would give you a hard time for not inviting friends over for the special day but I know it's not his style!

I don't get the pictures... You mean you cut out the family and they represented guests? Well, if Jazlyn thought of it then I know it was cute- even if I'm missing the point! And about the kiss, you better start patrolling those scenes a little better and get some edited versions of Disney's fairy tales! JK:)

Ryley didn't like the cake on his first birthday and now he would never pass it up...

Last but not least, when is the next game night? Now that you're homeowners are you afraid we will trash the house? Again JK!!!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

We always have fingure samples in our cakes too. Happy Birthday Wes

Crystal said...

That's bad if the kissing games are starting this young. You better watch out for that daughter of yours! I am going to think twice before I bring David over. :)

Saratoga Six said...

Happy Birthday, Wes! I really do need to meet you someday. Homebody that I am, I need to get out more.:)