I can't believe July is half over already! We've been so busy lately, if you can't tell by the lack of blog posts. Two weeks ago we went home to Washington for a week and that was a lot of fun. Wes' brother and his wife are visiting from Japan and hadn't met Matsen yet, so it was fun to visit with them. Wes and I also got to go out to Ocean Shores for an overnight trip with just the two of us. He arranged the place we stayed at and didn't tell me where we were going, so it was fun to have a surprise! He picked an awesome bed and breakfast place that was gorgeous. It was a very romantic place and overlooked the beach. If you're looking for a great get-away I can give you the info, it was an awesome place! Jazlyn and Matsen stayed with my parents and I thought they would miss me, but they had so much fun that Matsen didn't even act excited to see me when I got back. Jazlyn gave me a big hug and then ran off again with Grandma. At least I know they were in good hands.
Since we've been home I FINALLY painted the kitchen, which means everything is pretty much painted: Hooray!! Wes and I also finally cleaned out and organized the gargage, which was in desperate need of help. It feels so nice to cross some of these big projects off of my to-do list.
Matsen has been walking really well now for about a month. He's such a busy busy boy but still loves to snuggle with his mommy. Actually he and Jazlyn have been having some screaming wars fighting over who's snuggling with mom lately. Matsen does not want Jazlyn loving on me when he's snuggling and pushes her away screaming. I'm kind of perplexed about what to do?
It's been sweltering hot here lately, so we've been swimming a few times this week. And sadly, I have not taken any pictures of late. Need to get on that! We're having a fabulous summer!
8 comments:
I have also wanted to go to a bed and breakfast and that's great you two got to go. Good luck with the kids and their cuddling issue. I have no idea what to say to help.
It will be so nice having those big projects done in the house. You can finally settle in.
You can do what I have to do. I make sure to sit on the couch where there is plenty of room both of the kids. If Matsen doesn't want to share Mommy then you can just tell him if he can't share he has to get down? Tyler understands that, so I think Matsen would as well. Good luck! :)
Woo-hoo... I didn't know you guys got away! I guess a phone call when you've just woken up and a visit at the swimming pool is a hardly the place to share but please give me details when I see you next! Enlighten me since we are pathetic and never get away! So happy for you guys and all the new milestones.
Ahhh, sibling rivalry. We know it all to well here at the Hansen home. Tayson and Shaelie do the same time all day long. I want mama now, i want that toy cause you have it, and on and on and on! I'm glad things are getting done at your house. It is sooo nice to get the big stuff done.
I love painting! It makes such a huge difference! And we have issues with the girls wanting me at the same time. sometimes its a huge fight, and other times they work it out... Can you believe our girls are almost 4 ?!?! where did the time go?!
BTW, I LOVE your profile pic - you look great in it. :-) As for the kiddos - Emma has her independent play time when I'll put her in her crib to play while I spend time with Alex. So there's a suggestion - when you're playing exclusively with Jazlyn, put Matsen in his play area or crib so he gets time to himself. And vice versa - have Jazlyn play with Play-doh for awhile while you snuggle Matsen. She's old enough to understand that they both get their special time with Mommy. Hope that helps!
Doesn't cleaning out the garage seem like an ongoing, endless project? Glad you got yours under control!
Post a Comment