Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthday Party and great deal!

Tomorrow our little girl turns 4!! Where did the time go? We knew Jazlyn was a strong willed child from the time when we first got to know her in the hospital. She's so fun though and we all love her so much! She's becoming quite a good helper too!
Yesterday we had her first friend birthday party. It was pretty crazy with nine little girls here! Unfortunately, the birthday girl was the least behaved one of the bunch. I'm thinking it was just too overwhelming for her. So I had to throw in a shot of her in not her finest moment...this is right before she went to her first time out during the birthday party.

Luckily things got better with the opening of gifts...I mean who doesn't like to open presents? Jazlyn has some very kind friends (and their parents) and loves all of her fun gifts!
Here's a group shot...sorry one of the little girls got hidden in the picture.

And here is a really exciting part of the weekend. I went running yesterday morning and found this at a garage sale for FIFTEEN dollars. Of course it's been used, but it's definitely worth the money. The kids are loving having something to play with in the backyard, and so are their parents!! My parents also came to visit this weekend and Jazlyn got a princess bike from them for her birthday, which she loves! She's already learned to pedal (not steer though) in 2 days!


16 comments:

Adrianna said...

Wow! You scored on that play set!! They sell those for $100 on CL! And so sorry we missed Jazlyn's party, Evie has something for her though. :)

Blogful said...

Score! Happy Birthday Jazlyn. Can't believe you are so grown up. Give you mom a pat on the back for throwing a big party like that. I don't think I have the guts.

Lisa said...

happy birthday to jazlyn! looks like her party was fun and man, that playset is awesome! i wish i could find a deal like that.

JulSH said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 4. Her hair looks very cute...did you cut it? What a great playset you got for $15. That will be great entertainment!

Marci said...

That is a great deal you got on that playset - Emma loves the little one she has, and just today she figured out how to climb up and slide down the slide all by herself. :-) When you get a chance, give me a call - Scott was talking about us coming to visit next weekend, so let me know what works for you!

Rachel said...

First of all, I forgot tomorrow was the real day! And secondly, sorry my "little" girl is the one blocking out the other little girl! Maisey had a great time and I explained to her that Jazlyn was probably very overwhelmed with that many little girls their in her honor!

The play set, WOW! Like Adrianna said, those do sell for a lot of $$$! Awesome. Ryley loves the Williams- they have the same one!

Maren said...

happy birthday jazlyn! and wow, what a great deal! I've found a couple deals like that when i go running and it just makes running so much sweeter!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Jazlyn! Wow, nine girls at the party! I threw Jacob his first birthday party this year and only three kids were able to make it, but with my two other kids, it was plenty. That is a great deal on the playset! Congrats!

Tiera said...

You didn't hear the rule of thumb on birthday parties? One friend for how old they are. 4 years = 4 friends. It makes them much more manageable! Glad that she had fun though. My kids have been the naughtiest at their parties as well.

Michelle Rowe said...

Happy Birthday Jazlyn! We can't wait to come over and try out your new play set (hint hint).

Saratoga Six said...

What a deal! Love those birthday parties. SO overwhelming, but fun.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Jazlyn! What a fun playset!

Crystal said...

Nice garage sale find! I got some Disney movies last week from one for $1 each. I was so excited!

Skeem's said...

what an awesome deal!!! It was her party and she can cry if she wants to!

Lisa said...

9 kids at the party, you are so brave.

janc@mac.com said...

Happy birthday to Jazlyn. You are such a brave mom to have over so many young children. Tell the BD girl happy birthday from Aunt Jan.