Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Preschool Time again...and Good-bye to Matsen's curls

Today we started Jazlyn's co-op preschool again for the year. My partner, Adrianna and I are teaching for the first month. Everyone kept telling me how amazingly different the first year of preschool is compared to the second year and I was a bit skeptical until today. I was amazed that the kids could work so much more independently. All 8 kids could write their names, and could actually hold still and pay attention for a decent amount of time (well, for the most part). It was such a change from last year. Jazlyn LOVES preschool. She especially loves cutting and pasting and making things. She's so excited about learning. Here's her right before preschool this morning. She's so excited to be four! I can't believe how fast she's growing up!


And Matsen boy, it was time to cut his hair again. It was starting to be a big curly fro, which was super cute, but it was time. He looks so grown up now, but I sure miss his curls. I'm so glad they always grow back. He is INTO EVERYTHING!!!! It's a great thing he's got the sweetest face ever and loves to snuggle with mommy still.
In the past couple of weeks I canned a bunch peaches and pears, which is always an adventure. Tomorrow Wes and I are taking Jazlyn to the circus as a belated birthday present. She's super excited. As of this week, I have five piano students now, which is keeping me busy. Life is good.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm glad jazlyn loves preschool. how many times a week does she have school? brian wants to go to preschool everyday, but he only goes on monday and wednesday afternoons.

Melissa said...

Holy cow that boys gets bigger and cuter every time you post his picture! I too enjoyed our little phone conversation the other day. We sure you miss you guys! I thought the longer we were here the easier it would be to not miss life in OR.

bugnose7 said...

You have such cute kids. You are right Jazlyn is growing up fast. Where does the time go.

Tiera said...

I understand about missing the curls!

Marci said...

I love Matsen's hair like that. He looks so grown up already. Hey, when you get a chance, email me (mb8203@gmail.com) or give me a call - we have some questions about your grocery shopping budget. We're doing some trimming...

Crystal said...

I can't believe how fast Jazlyn is growing up. Sorry I haven't returned your call yet...I will call you today.

Lisa said...

Matsen just aged 2 years with his hair cut!

drans007 said...

HI Kristy, Just letting you know I drop by you blog occasionally. I am so busy that checking blogs is a Sunday luxury, sometimes. You have a fu, beautiful family and one is already old enough for school?? CRAZY!
Love, Anny

JulSH said...

Glad to hear your first week of preschool was a good one!

What Karen Sees said...

They do grow up so fast - enjoy every precious minute!

Caity said...

Holy cow! I have been gone from blogging for too long! Matsen looks so stinkin old!

Saratoga Six said...

Oh that first little haircut is always so hard! He is adorable though. I hear you on he into everything stage.