Sunday, April 5, 2009

In case you haven't heard....

we are about to become homeowners!!! Hooray!! After looking for over a year, we've finally found a house that was a yes. It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a very large living room, family room, and a decent sized kitchen. It's only a couple of miles away, but it does put us in a new ward, unfortunately. We've been in this apartment and ward for 3 years, which is the longest we've been anywhere since we've been married. It's nice that we still live close enough that we'll be able to hang out with our friends still and Jazlyn will be able to do preschool in the same co-op group we've been doing (which she loves)!! It will be soooo nice to have a yard for the kids to play in and not have to listen to noisy upstairs neighbors and to be able to get a piano!!! If all goes well, we should be able to move in in about a month (after we rip out the carpet ourselves, paint, have new carpet put in, etc.) So the next few months are going to be stressful, but it will be so nice once we're in and settled.


24 comments:

runningfan said...

Congrats! I still wish you could have bought our old place, but I'm happy for you. What ward?

Rachel said...

One again, we are soooo excited for you- and the fact you will still be close!

Rachel and Tyler said...

That's awesome! It looks like a really nice house!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Congrats! Cute house!

Sarah said...

Yeah! It is so nice to have a home of your own and to not have to worry about upstairs or downstairs neighbors!

Kari said...

Congratulations! How exciting! It looks like a great house and I'm really glad to hear it's so close.

Lisa said...

CoNGraTS!!! The inspection must have went well. The house looks so nice. can't wait to see pictures of the inside once you fix it up.

Blogful said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful and I'm sure you will love growing into it. Yards are a lifesaver.

The Bui's said...

I love it! great color. I might have to go for a walk today and check it out in person.

Larsen said...

SO EXCITING!!!!!

Marci said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!

Tiera said...

Congratulations!

bugnose7 said...

That is a great home. I am so happy for you.

NicoleD said...

What exciting news! Love the house. Congrats and good luck with the move!

The Hadley Family said...

Congratulations!!! You must be SOOO excited to have your own place. We will miss your sweet family in our ward.

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Looks like a really nice place, congrats! There really is nothing like leaving the apartment life behind... Heaven!

Harlin Family said...

Nothing is better than having a home of your own, especially a backyard. Congratulations!

Saratoga Six said...

Congrats on the house! You'll have so much fun having your own place. That Matsen is cute too. I forgot he's only a month older than Amy. She's just started crawling. Good Luck!

Lisa said...

Congrats! That looks like a beautiful home. It is so nice to finally have your own place

janc@mac.com said...

Congratulations -- so happy for you. You really feel like a family when you have your own home.

Crystal said...

You're getting all big and grown up! Make sure to prepare a guest room so we can come visit!

Naomi said...

The house looks great - congrats! Of course you will be missed in our ward but you are still close so yay! You will love it I'm sure!

Caity said...

HOW EXCITING! Owning a home is stressful, but oh so worth it!

Skeem's said...

It looks so nice, how exciting. Is it a multi level house, It looks allot like our 1st house, I loved the layout.