Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

I had planned on posting this yesterday for Easter, but that did not happen. And miracle of all miracles, both of my children are napping right now! I thought it would be appropriate to share my thoughts and feelings about my Savior Jesus Christ, since we celebrated Easter yesterday. It seems as though He is often forgotten on this special day and replaced with the Easter bunny, eggs, etc. But I wanted to share with all of my fellow-bloggers how grateful I am for Jesus Christ. I would be so lost in my life without Him. He is always there for me when I need Him, just a prayer away. There have been times in my life when I need strength and help and know that I cannot continue on alone and those are the times when I feel my prayers being heard, and Jesus is able to help me carry my burdens and get me through the tough times. I hope and pray everyday that I can remember Him and try to be more like him so that when my time is up in this life I can stand before my Heavenly Father and feel that I did the best I could, with my Savior's help, and know that Christ's atonement was not in vain.
I am also so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings He has given me. I have an amazing family. Not perfect by any means, but wonderful. I'm so grateful that Wes works so hard and so many hours to provide for my family so that I can be a full-time mom, which I feel is my most important calling on this Earth. As challenging as motherhood is, it is such a blessing and I would not trade it for money, fame, riches, the biggest house, etc. I'm grateful for parents who have been excellent examples to me and helped me so much and for my sweet siblings, who I wish I got to see more often. I'm also grateful for all of you reading this post, who have been great friends and examples to me! I love my friends and all of the wonderful memories we have together!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kristy. I am also so thankful for my savior and for the atonement which he gave me. Motherhood is the best calling a woman can have and the best blessing whether she can or can't stay home with them each day. Mother's have a touch that nobody else has and I find comfort knowing I am that "special someone" for them.

jamie t. said...

Thanks so much for sharing that. I am so grateful for this time of year when we can reflect on the resurrection and our SAvior. I think that you are a wonderful mother and a great example to me so thank you. I always enjoy on conversations on motherhood and you you have such sweet kids. Thanks for being such a great friend.

clairy said...

Thanks for sharing such an uplifting testimony! You're the best.

bugnose7 said...

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abby Stimpson said...

You always inspire me :) Thanks

Crystal said...

It's so great to read that and remember why we are celebrating these holidays. I really apprecaited your testimony.