Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bye Bye Curls!

So you remember Mr. Photogenic Matsen? Apparently, that only works when he doesn't have to pose with someone else in the picture. He does fine by himself, but not with Jazlyn. He's also quite the mischievious one. When we went to his 9 month check up the other day, he succeeded in knocking over a vase of flowers, sending water all over the front desk. I could tell the lady was not amused, and doubt she has any kids of her own. Mischievious or not, he's the sweetest little guy.
So I love that Matsen has the cutest curl to his hair. I have no idea where it came from--I can't really think of any curly haired relatives closely related to him. But it's cute. But I've been thinking it's time to trim it up a bit. So here's the before:
Here's him during, which he surprisingly did really well, except for some squirminess (which is to be expected).

And here's the end result, a nice profile shot. I thought it turned out pretty well, but I'm still getting used to it. I guess it's a good thing that hair does grow back. I had to hold myself back from crying though as I watched his handsome locks fall to the ground.

9 comments:

jamie t. said...

I loved his curls! They'll grow back.... you hope :)

Marci said...

Awww...I love his hair! With or without the curls. :-) Emma's is getting so long now too, and it has a little bit of a curl at the nape of her neck. Not cutting that anytime soon! :-) Can't wait to see you guys again - I need to give Jazlyn her tutu!

Crystal said...

I didn't know it was curly until those pictures. It is really cute. You'll have to save some of those locks!

bugnose7 said...

That kid is cute even with short curly hair.

Lisa said...

He is huge. I can't believe how much he has grown.

drans007 said...

HI KRISTY!! Just found your blog through my mom. I wanted to invite you to our blog so send me your email. drans007@netzero.com LOVE, Anny

Tiera said...

Owen has curly hair and I can't bear to cut it. It is too cute. I guess I will have to when he starts to look like a girl!

Caity said...

I totally hear you! That first haircut is so sad! He really does have the cutest curls! I love it! What an adorable boy!

Naomi said...

curls are cute but the boys look more grown up with out them:) After we cut Hayden's off my mother-in-law said "Oh good, curls are for girls" - not how I feel about them but with or without your Matsen is such a cutie!