Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pure Sweetness

Ok, so I'm sure the majority of you looking at my posts are so sick of looking at pictures of my kids (except for their grandparents), but I just can't look at them enough. At least every other day, Jazlyn poses next to Matsen and asks me to take their picture and I just can't resist. Especially when they're all fresh and clean out of the bath tub. How cute is that? Jazlyn has been a complete angel today. Here's a mother's paradise: I found her making her bed today without being asked, she volunteered to help set the table for dinner, and cleaned up the things I asked her to the FIRST time I asked. This is a full-blown miracle!!
I can't believe Matsen is almost 7 months old. Where did the time go? I love watching how much Jazlyn and Matsen just love each other. I knew she'd be a great big sister, but I had no idea how early babies adore their big siblings. Every time Matsen wakes up from a nap or the morning, he gets the HUGEST smile on his face and starts kicking and getting way more excited to see Jazlyn than me. If she's in the room, that's where his focus is. The second picture is of Jazlyn and Matsen in their makeshift fort next to the cupboard that Jazlyn insisted on having Matsen join her in. I'm sure he didn't mind at all. Kept them occupied while I made dinner!
It's sure a great thing they have the cutest faces, because when they're up in the middle of the night tonight it will be their saving grace. Just out of curiosity, do any of you out there with at least 2 children ever get a full night's sleep? Just curious. It's a sacrifice I'm more than willing to make though.



12 comments:

runningfan said...

Mmmm...sometimes!

Blogful said...

your kids sure are adorable. Matsen looks older than Paige, maybe because of all his hair? Paige adores Jane too, more than me sometimes I think. I do not sleep a whole lot, no.

Lisa said...

i'm not like theother commenters so far...i get a full night's sleep unless my boys are sick or i don't stay up too late myself. my boys share a room. both my boys started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks old. no complaints.

Tiera said...

No. :) It seems like someone is always getting up. Your kids are so cute!

The Bui's said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays second fiddle to an older sibling. Camden much prefers to be taken out of his crib by big sis Lyssa. I love it.

Jazlyn looks so happy to share her time with her sweet brother. Adorable!

Whitney Seaberg said...

You silly, we all love seeing pics of your adorable kids...keep em coming!!

Kaylene said...

I, for one, will never get sick of seeing pictures of your babies!! It helps that they are about the cutest things I've ever seen :)

Rachel said...

Deja vu... Ryley loves Maisey. The funny thing is sometimes he looks at her when he begins to cry in the car for example like, why aren't you doing more. He loves her sooooo much and he greets her each time like she's been gone on vacation. That picture with Sally and Matsen is sooo cute... He looks so big!

Monica said...

Your kids are sooo cute! I especially love seeing pictures of Matsen. He is at that age where his looks change so quickly! He is growing up fast! I love it when my kids play nicely together! Man, if they actually made their beds and volunteered to help out, I would probably faint! I occasionally get a full night of sleep.

Saratoga Six said...

Your Christmas looks like a whole lot of fun. And I think your kids are darn sweet too and I never tire of pictures of them. Keep them coming!

Marci said...

Yeah, once Alex finally goes down, he's out for the night, and I think Emma decided to make up for the nursing difficulty by sleeping like...well, a baby. :-) So I sleep rather well. And I love your pictures - they help make up for my lack of them. My camera is acting up and I haven't been able to get them to the computer lately, so you keep on with your bad self. :-)

Crystal said...

The pictures are so cute! I can't believe how much hair Matsen has. It's nice to have kids cause then you don't need to take pictures of yourself anymore.