Saturday, March 5, 2011

My sweet Grandpa

I have been very fortunate to have had all of my grandparents living until last night when my sweet Grandpa Larsen passed away. He was 94 and was one of the sweetest most prepared men to meet our Maker. He was married to my Grandma for 70 YEARS!! I know it will be hard on her to not have him around. What an amazing example of pure love and service his life was. I love this picture of him below. Last Labor Day Wes, the kids and I went to Utah and he got to meet Kelston and get to have some final memories with us. We will miss him, but it is also a relief that he has passed on as his body was tired and in pain towards the end. Thank goodness that his body (as will all of ours) be resurrected and perfected again and that we will get to see him and be with him someday. Jazlyn has been pretty emotional today and thinking and working through the whole concept of death and has had some questions. I'm so grateful to have the gospel that gives me answers and helps me explain things to her.

I love this picture of my Grandpa from many years back that I just saw for the first time recently.



Here's us with him and my Grandma last September.



On a lighter note, I finally downloaded some recent pictures of the kids. Our little chubba wubba started crawling today!! As exciting as that is, I'm also so not ready for all that that entails!!


Here's some pictures of our snow from a couple of weeks ago. Or was that last week?? My days are all blurred together.












Does Kelston look thrilled about being bundled up to go outside or what?


14 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sounds like he was wonderful man (must of been to have such a wonderful granddaughter:) Are you going to be able to make it to the funeral?
Plus, thanks for the oh-so-cute pics of your oh-so-cute kids!

Lindsey said...

I loved your post about Grandpa! He will be dearly missed! He was such a great example of how we should live our lives, I know he will be recieved with open arms:) The pics of the kiddos are SO cute. And little chubby Kelston just cracks me up! Thats pretty cool that hes crawling, but now you have 3 kiddos on the go, good luck with that he he.

Crystal said...

I am going to borrow that younger picture of grandpa for my blog. I hope you don't mind. I miss grandpa lots too!

Lisa said...

I love the rolls on Kelstons arms

janc@mac.com said...

Thanks for your sweet tribute to Grandpa Larsen.

Sarah said...

Beautiful post about Grandpa, such a great man. We'll miss him, but glad he's out of his pain.

Your kids are so cute. I love the fat rolls on your baby.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the pics! I'm sorry about grandpa Larsen but I'm glad he's not in pain anymore. We will get together when you get back! I love the last pic of Kelston and I can't wait to see him crawl!

Adrianna said...

So sorry, Kristy... That is a really long, full life though! And 70 years of marriage!!
I LOVE the "chubba wubba's" chubby wubby pictures- he cracks me up- I want to squeeze him!

Saratoga Six said...

Thank you for this sweet post, Kristy. It's good that our family can all come together even across the miles. That last pix of Kelston is so cute!

Russ Larsen said...

I loved your post!! Isn't family great! We'll miss grandpa, but so grateful for the example he always set for us. I treasure the bedroom set he made for us 30 years ago. He had so many great talents & was always willing to share them.
We'll see you this weekend. Love you, Mom

jamie t. said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. It sounded like he had a full long life. I loved the picture of him by the truck. Your kiddos are always so cute. I can't believe how big Kelston is. Carter has been crawling for about 3 weeks and boy does it change things.

Monica said...

It is hard to say good bye but it is very comforting to have the Gospel. My husband's aunt passed away a couple of weeks ago from cancer. We are also thankful for what we know about the plan of salvation.

Lost of cute pictures! Love the baby rolls!

Ree-ch said...

grandparents are amazing!!! Life comes and goes quickly to remind us what the most important things are; people like our cute chubby crawlers :)

Christy Wheeler said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but how blessed you have been to have him and your other grandparents in your life for so long. My thoughts are with you.