Sunday, March 20, 2011

Families are together forever

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but life has gotten in the way. A week ago, Jazlyn, Kelston and I were able to go to Utah for my Grandpa's funeral. Wes and Matsen had a fun time keeping the fort down here. Even though it was a sad occasion to bring everyone together, the funeral was beautiful and I couldn't help but think that my Grandpa was happy to see every one of his living grandchildren together (except for my brother Jared, who's on a mission), some of whom I hadn't seen since before Wes and I were married. It was really fun to see everyone and remember my sweet Grandpa.




Jazlyn made fast friends with one of my cousins and some of my cousin's kids.

It was also great to have some mom and daughter time together. I only get to see my sister a couple of times a year, if I'm lucky.



Here's Kelston with his only living "set" of great-grandparents now.





It was fun to see Kelston with his cousin, Tytyn (my sister's little boy). They don't look a thing alike! We're hoping they'll be buddies someday.

8 comments:

Monica said...

I'm glad you were able to make it to the funeral. To bad you didn't have time to stop in and say hi to me :-). I'm glad you were able to visit with all your family. Mom and Daughter girl time is the best.

janc@mac.com said...

It was so nice to have you with us, Kristy. Tell Jazlyn HI from Aunt Jan.

Russ Larsen said...

It was so good to see everyone. Hopefully all of us can be so lucky as to live a long fulfilling life like grandpa Larsen. Love you, mom

bugnose7 said...

I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. to bad you don't live closer. Justin's girls would love to have Jazlyn around.

Lisa said...

It was really fun to have everyone together. Im so happy you were able to come.

DaNae said...

It's so nice getting together with family. I love the pic of Gpa and Gma Kendall. Adorable.

Saratoga Six said...

Gosh, both those little boys have grown up a bunch! I still think of them as babies.

Saratoga Six said...

It was so good to see you and the kids at the funeral. Wish we could all get together more often!