Saturday, February 12, 2011

Aloha!

Why the lack of posts, you might ask? For a great reason: Last week Wes, Kelston and I were able to go on a fabulous vacation to Oahu, Hawaii!! We had a great time. It was our first time there. THANKS SO MUCH TO OUR PARENTS FOR WATCHING JAZLYN AND MATSEN!!!! It was so great to be able to spend a whole week with Wes and Matsen. It's a piece of cake to take care of one child, compared to three!! Jazlyn and Matsen got spoiled rotten by their grandparents and did great. I missed them a lot, but it was definitely rejuvenating to not have to cook, clean, or break up fights for a week!!! Kelston was a great traveler, especially for the large amount of time he was restrained to his stroller and car seat and having to nap on the go. I think he thoroughly enjoyed being an only child for a week, and he started becoming a daddy's boy too.
Some of the highlights to our trip, besides the break from everyday life, were: Pearl Harbor, the Polynesian cultural center, a magic show, a boat ride (that was a highlight for Wes--I was trying not to be sick), the Dole Plantation, a nature walk to a waterfall, the beautiful beach, and being in the warm sunshine!!














China town: This was one of Wes's favorite parts. There are tons of Chinese people in Hawaii and Wes was excited to eat some authentic Chinese food, including char su, Wes's all time favorite food that he ate a lot of while he was on a mission for our church in Hong Kong. You know it's authentic when there's meat hanging from the window.






I had to throw in this last picture of Matsen I took of him today. My kids definitely have my love of chocolate and love having the privilege of licking the spoon. Matsen made sure none of it went to waste (except for what got stuck to his face and hands).

This mischievious little face just melts my heart.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

My kids, or Ryley really, LOVES chocolate. I do not so I think it is funny to hear him say he wants it. I love the pic of you holding Kelston on your shoulders. I am so glad you guys got to get away!

Adrianna said...

Wow, the water looks so beautiful!! Kudos to you guys for seizing the moment and getting away!

Monica said...

Awesome! Hawaii is beautiful! I am glad you had a great time. It is definitely nice to have a week long break.

Lisa said...

That is awesome you were able to have a get away with Wes. Everyone needs that every so often

janc@mac.com said...

A great vacation does much for the soul. It makes us better mothers and wives and helps us appreciate that even our challenges are blessings in disguise. So glad you had a great time!

Sarah said...

Oh wow! Hawaii, how fun! I hope I can go there someday. I'm so jealous! It is so nice to get away with your spouse. Kelston has got some serious chub going on, he's adorable!

Russ Larsen said...

I'm so glad you got to go for two reasons- first I got to have 2 of my adorable grandkids for 8 days!! I was really sad when they had to go home, but had a great time with them. Second, I was glad you got to get away with your sweetie. I miss all the kisses and hugs though. Love you, mom
P.S. Its pretty quiet around here now.

Lindsey said...

I have been waiting for this post so that I could see some pics of the fun Hawaii trip!!! I'm so glad you guys got to get away on this fun vacation, you totally deserve it! Too bad I don't live closer I would have loved to watch the kids for you or itleast help Mom do it:) Love and miss you!

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Wow that is awesome! So jealous! I know of four other couples who went to Hawaii this last week... weird, must be the season! What a great trip!

Saratoga Six said...

What a trip of a lifetime! You're looking lovely too btw.

Tiera said...

Glad you had a great time! I agree. When you only have one child it is so much easier!

Crystal said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about this when we talked yesterday! Did I talk too much? That is so cool! I am glad you were able to relax and stuff. I want to hear about it the next time we talk.

clairy said...

ooh la la!! hawaii!!! that is wonderful!

i love the pictures

Dangcutekids said...

What a fabulous well earned trip. What amazing pictures. So glad tou could go together and that Kelston did alright with the traveling too. You both look great!