Thursday, January 6, 2011

The pictureless Christmas

I know, I haven't even posted about Christmas. I feel like the worst mother and did not take a single picture of the kids opening their presents. We did get it on video though. I really wanted to hear and see all of their expressions, and didn't realize until after the fact that we have no still shots of Christmas, or of our tree for that matter. Arrghh!!
To back up, a month ago Jazlyn had her dance recital and amazed all of us by performing!! It wasn't on a stage or anything--it was at her teacher's house. But it was just right for her and it was the first time she has ever performed or spoken in front of a crowd (not without lack of opportunities). We were all so proud of her and I even cried I was so proud of her and amazed that she was able to overcome her fears! Once again, I didn't bring my camera to this event either (noticing a trend?--I think I'm just in survival mode the vast majority of the time). Fortunately, her teacher's husband is a photographer and took some great pictures.



We had a great Christmas though. We all got way too spoiled! I got to talk to my brother Jared, who's on his mission in Nicaragua, for about one minute on the phone. It was so great just to hear his voice.
Other recent news: I've been sort of getting Matsen started on potty training. I say sort of because we're kind of trying, but he is exerting his 2 year old independence and not wanting to be bugged about it too much. He has had several successes, but I think it'll be awhile before we can say he's "trained."
Kelston has rolled over a few times and is still our super chill baby--thank goodness. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing to send me such an easy going baby! I'm sure he'll be 2 some day and that will change things up a bit. But for now we're enjoying his easiness!
I got a sewing machine for Christmas, which I'm super excited about. Unfortunately, I can't find the cord I need now to download a picture of what I made, but I will do that soon, hopefully.

9 comments:

Marci said...

Go to my Facebook page and steal some of my Christmas pics - I got a few decent ones of the cousins. :-)

jamie t. said...

Sounds like things are going well and that you are staying busy. I understand..... 3 is super busy!

NicoleD said...

What a precious photo! At least captured everything on video. I know on our video camera we can go through and print pictures from what we recorded.

Caity said...

There have been so many of those times I go nuts because I don't have a camera on me! The video will be fun for the kids for years to come though.

janc@mac.com said...

Darling picture of Jazlyn. So excited that you have a sewing machine. I'll be even more excited to see what cute things you make on it.

bugnose7 said...

You sound like a busy mother.

Lisa said...

I always forget to take pictures on Christmas. Im so happy Im not in the potty training phase right now, that is tough

Monica said...

Cute picture of Jazlyn. I'm horrible at taking pictures too. We didn't take any pictures or video of Christmas morning. We did do some videos of singing Christmas songs with my old Karoake machine (the piano was the back ground music). Glad you had a great Christmas. Can't wait to see what you made!

Russ Larsen said...

I'm crushed I missed her dance recital! We'll keep our fingers crossed that she'll do her talk on Sunday. Can't wait to see my angels in a couple of weeks. Love you, mom
P.S. I'm excited about your sewing machine.