Sunday, January 16, 2011

Photo shoot

I finally found the cord for the camera. So here's my tote bag I made and am super proud of!! This is the first sewing I've ever done solo. Before I've always had someone there "holding my hand" so to speak. So this was a big deal. I had to do my fair share of unpicking since I read the instructions wrong. Luckily Wes has much more common sense than I do and helped me realize what I was doing wrong before I got further along in my mistakes.
We have church from 2-5 pm now, which is kind of different. But it gives more time for photo opportunities and I realized today that it had been awhile since I'd taken pictures of the kids. They actually cooperated--shocking!!



The most exciting news for today is that JAZLYN GAVE HER TALK IN PRIMARY!!!!! She has had quite a few opportunities to give a prayer, scripture or talk in primary the past two years and has always memorized her talk or scripture for days beforehand. But every time it's time for her to get up there she freaks out and won't do it. But today she did it!! We were all so proud of her!

11 comments:

Russ Larsen said...

CUTE KIDS!!! I'm so proud of Jazlyn! She'll probably want to give talks every week now. Be sure and video her doing it at home. I love you, mom

Rachel said...

Cute pic Kristy!

Caity said...

Your kids are ADORABLE! And congrats to Jazlyn, that's awesome. And congrats to you for the tote making! That's awesome as well.

Russ Larsen said...

Love the pics of my cute grandkids! I also loved hearing Jazlyn's talk over the phone. I was so impressed with her understanding of the Prophet Joseph Smith,s experience in the grove. Hope you got it on video. Good job on your sewing.
Love, Dad

Delina said...

Darling pictures!! It helps that the kids are so cute to begin with!

Monica said...

Cute Tote! Very cute Kids! That is great that Jazlyn did her talk. Jacob didn't get up to do his part in the Primary Program last year. I was sad because he had worked so hard on it. Maybe next year it will go better (for Jacob I mean)

By the way, sorry I didn't respond to your pay it forward. The problem is I have responded before and I never got my stuff sent to my responders so I would feel bad if I botched it up again.

janc@mac.com said...

What a cute family you have. I loved the bag you made also. Great job -- photographing and sewing.

Lindsey said...

Yay Jazlyn! I love this pic of all the kiddos, they're so cute! Im so lucky to be their Aunt!

Lisa said...

Nice job Jazlyn, even Avram has yet to do a talk alone. I love your photo shoot, the kids look adorable.

Tiera said...

Very cute bag! I am not very good at sewing either. I can hardly sew a straight line!

Saratoga Six said...

Darling kids! I think you're a natural at sewing. I've been trying to make stuff for years and I am still unpicking major portions of it. Way to go!