This year in primary at church the theme is about scriptures. So Jazlyn got her very own scriptures to take with her to church (she's also learning to read now too) and was more excited about them than I think any of her Christmas presents. She loves them...she loves them so much that she was carrying them with her all over the house for a week or so and Wes and I were getting worried they were going to be ruined soon. So I made her a scripture case. Wes actually helped me "design" it. Well, it's actually designed like the scripture cases Wes and I have, but I didn't have a pattern for it, so we just winged it. It's far from perfect, but it does the job and Jazlyn loves it. Wes and I make a great team though. I have a hard time visualizing things, and he's great at it, so he draws up a plan for me, so to speak, and then I sew it. Ta da!!
On a much sadder note, Matsen had a run in with the curb today. Poor guy. It actually looks way better in the picture than it did when it first happened. It was like a small goose egg where the red spot is now, but some ice did wonders on it. He's so tough, but I felt so bad for him.
13 comments:
good job on the scripture case. I haven't attempted zippers yet.
Great job on the scripture case!
Hope my buddy Matsen is O.K. I think he needs a love from grandma. I'll get alot of those in come next week.
Love you, mom
Matsens eye looks horrible! I hope he feels better soon. I think your scripture bag is adorable.
Awesome Job on the scripture case!!! And poor little Matsen buddy, wish I could give him a feel better kiss and hug from Aunt Lindsey:)
Great job with the scripture case! And that eye looks pretty impressive. Poor little dude.
You have a future as a seamstress.
Very cute case. You two do make a good team. That is one nice shiner on Matsen. Hope it heals soon.
What a darling scripture case. You could probably market those. So sorry about Matsen's injury. It looks like a bad one but that comes with rowdy, healthy, normal boys.
I'm loving the scripture case...but I'm sorry for the owwwie!
Poor little guy! The scripture case is fab.
I can't believe you made that! You are awesome! Poor kid, that eye looks bad!
I am really impressed on the case! Looks professional to me! Sorry about the shiner though. All that energy pent up in little boys often makes for big crashes!
You two are a great sewing team that bag looks great! Sorry about Matsen's eye ouch!
Post a Comment