Sunday, March 7, 2010

For those of you far away....

My mom came down to visit on Monday, and as she was about to leave, Jazlyn was on the verge of a giant round of tears until Grandma suggested she go home with her. As soon as she said that, Jazlyn perked right up and then they both put on their "Pretty please, can I?" smiles for me. It's so hard to say no, when Jazlyn adores her grandparents so much. So within a few minutes, they were packed and gone, and I was having a few tears of my own. She even surprised Papa and uncle Jacob, who didn't know she was coming back to their house until she walked in the door!
Jazlyn is my bud and it's so quiet when she's gone. She talks and talks all day and is such a great friend and helper. However, it was fun to have some one on one time with Matsen. And he was eating up being an only child!! He did get really excited when he heard Jazlyn's voice on the phone and they gave each other big hugs when she came back on Thursday evening. Here are a few pictures of the fun she had at Grandma and Papa's.




So everyone has always told me that with each pregnancy you start showing faster, and now I am living that reality. This is me at 21 weeks, today. When I was this pregnant with Jazlyn, I wasn't even really showing at this point, and now I'm scared people are going to start asking me in another month or two if I'm due soon. And still a little over 4 months to grow! We had our ultrasound this week and were relieved that the baby is looking healthy, and they guessed he/she weighs 13 oz. And yes, we're keeping the sex of this baby a secret again. This is such a fun part of being pregnant--feeling great and not too uncomfortable yet, and feeling the baby move around inside of me. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

14 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

It's so exciting seeing your expansive beauty.

Adrianna said...

Don't fret, you look awesome. :)

Lisa said...

Looks like Jazlyn had a blast with her grandparents. You're just 5 weeks behind me in your pregnancy. You look great! Glad your pregnancy is going well and that you're feeling good.

bugnose7 said...

What a cute mother you are.

Rachel said...

Kristy- you look soo awesome in this pic! I'm glad baby #3 is healthy and that I get to watch you have another!

Caity said...

You look so great! I totally understand how you feel though! But really, you do look great!

Melissa said...

How fun for Jazzlyn to be wisked away by her grandma. I know Grace would LOVE to be able to do that. Lucky little girl!
I say we have a little contest to see who can get the biggest:) I think I would be the biggest winner...and you the biggest loser! By that I mean, you look adorable.

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Congrats! I'm glad that you are not finding out, it is too fun not to! You look great by the way!

Monica said...

I know what you mean. I was sure I was having twins when my tummy started poking out so soon with my last pregnancy! You sure are a cute pregnant mommy!

Whitney Seaberg said...

You look great! I love feeling the baby kick, that sure is the best part! :)

NicoleD said...

Grandma's are the best! How fun for Jazlyn to have some special time with her. I wish we lived closer to ours. :( I thought I had commented on the skirt you made, but it looks like I didn't. You did an amazing job! Sewing is a lot harder than it looks!

Crystal said...

I feel the same way! My tummy is so much bigger now that it was with my first pregnancy. I am not excited about having people see it either so I am trying to hide it but I don't think I can much longer.

Lisa said...

You look tiny to me.
Who wouldn't have a blast with your parents, and making those yummy cookies

Sarah said...

You aren't very big. Want me to email you a pic of me? I was 3 times that big, haha, serious. How nice for your parents to take Jazlyn.