Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A few hours in the life of Matsen


Just in case you haven't been around Matsen much, let me give you an idea of the excitement he brings into our lives. In a matter of an hour or two tonight, (while I was trying to prepare dinner) he:


fell down several stairs

spilled water several times

decided to pour sugar all over a pan and the kitchen floor (apparently he wanted to cook sugar for dinner--like he needs it!)

moved the popcorn from the bowl he was eating out of to a pizza pan

got another oowie

fought over the broom with Jazlyn

and wanted me to hold him several times while I was trying to fix dinner


and there were probably a few other things too, but they've left my harried brain by now. His favorite word right now, of course, is "No" But said in a very whiny voice. And he likes to throw things and hit people when he gets mad--which is quite often.

I love this little guy to death, but between cleaning up a million messes a day and dealing with so many tantrums, sometimes I wonder how I'll make it to 7:30 pm, let alone, how I'll handle him when the baby comes along. Good thing he's so cute and stops every now and then to give me a hug!

10 comments:

Adrianna said...

Oi. A boy's life... They are soooo different from girls aren't they? I didn't start getting gray hairs until I had Sterling...

Maren said...

sounds like my life! :) isn't it funny how some of those thing always happen at dinner time. its like the kids know that mom is distracted with something else. but what a cute boy! I'm sure you'll survive with another baby. Somehow we all do. love ya and miss ya!

Melissa said...

Have no fear...this little phase shall pass! Clark use to do the same thing when he got angry. Luckily he has mellowed out some. He's just lucky he has such a good mamma who wont' sell him to the highest bidder. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Ohhh, he is busy!

The Nielsons said...

Looks like he keeps you guessing! Sounds similar to Carter but I'll keep my fingers crossed that Carter stays not so adventurous. Hope you are feeling well.

janc@mac.com said...

He sounds so normal! Good luck holding up to these demands while pregnant. It's a daily battle.

bugnose7 said...

Doesn't it make you appreciate your parents more. It is a game of survival sometimes.

Tiera said...

I understand! As much as I love my kids, bedtime is such a wonderful thing at my house!

clairy said...

Wow! What a ball of energy!! I must say I was surprised when I saw the picture of him because he looks so grown up!

Dangcutekids said...

Sometimes those sweet and messy little boy hugs are the one thing that make it all worth it. The rest sounds quite familiar! Everything seems worse when we're pregnant huh!