Sunday, February 21, 2010

The twirly skirt

We're so enjoying the beautiful spring weather we've been having lately. It's been glorious to have the kids go run off some energy in the backyard! We cut Matsen's hair this weekend. He was so good and just sat there on the chair, playing in all of his clipped locks. Also, he has this obsession with babies lately and every time he sees one he gets so excited and wants to rub its head and peer in its face. He's going to be such a cute big brother.
And for those of you who know me and that my sewing abilities are pretty much zilch, you will be pleased to see Exhibit A: Jazlyn modeling the skirt I made for her. I did have some great friends who helped me, but I was so excited about how it turned out, and Jazlyn loves it! This is HUGE for me! Jazlyn is also getting super excited about the baby. She wants to see pictures in books of how big it looks now, and talks to my tummy with her cute high pitched baby voice. I'm so glad we had a girl first. She is so nurturing and helpful with Matsen. It's so fun that they are playing lots more together lately (be it not always peacefully, but better than not at all). And just in case any of you were interested, she is starting to sleep somewhat better at night (atleast half of the time). Hurray!


19 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go on the skirt. Super cute! I feel like I haven't talked to you in a really long time. I'll have to do something about that!

Russ Larsen said...

CUTE KIDS!!! I'm impressed with the skirt you made--good job! I miss my kids and need to come down soon. Give them kisses. Love you, mom

Adrianna said...

Your skirt turned out so CUTE!!! Good job! And I love Matsen's shorn locks. He looks so gorwn up!

jamie t. said...

Your skirt turned out so cute! Way to go. I have one down one to go. Anna keeps asking where hers is.

Carroll Conversations said...

Kristy, it turned out so cute! Way to go. Your kids are so sweet.

Caity said...

Way to go on the skirt! It's adorable!

I'm pretty jealous you're having spring weather because we have seen snow fall all day! I hope spring does come soon!

Blogful said...

Great job. Looks like it will fit for a while too. Very girly and twirly. Matsen is such a handsome little guy. So excited for your new addition. My vote is boy!

Sarah said...

Wow, the skirt is way cute! Way to go! Your kids are so cute!

Rachel said...

The skirts run bog huh? Maisey's is huge! But I love them- you did great with the fabric choice!

Maren said...

great job on the skirt! love the fabric you chose.

Heather said...

That skirt is adorable!!

Monica said...

Very cute skirt! Would you like to make one for my daughter? I hope all is going well with your pregnancy.

bugnose7 said...

You did a great job on skirt.

janc@mac.com said...

That skirt is almost as cute as the girl wearing it. Congratulations! You did a great job!

Delina said...

Kristy, I love the skirt!! You are getting so domestic. You've always been a super cook, now sewing. I'm so proud!!
Love you!

Crystal said...

Super cute skirt! You did great!

Dangcutekids said...

That skirt is incredible. You rock!

Lisa said...

I can see why Jazlin likes that skirt, it is adorable. Do you know if your having a girl or boy yet?

Rohatinskys said...

You are so crafty! I no longer have your number or even an e-mail, so I was wondering if you could give me a call. I want to ask you about something!! =) 801-787-1121.