Monday, October 26, 2009

Third Time's a Charm?

So this is the third time in the past 24 hours I've attempted to update my blog, and the computer keeps randomly shutting off on me before I finish. AARRgh!! Anyways, just thought I'd update some pictures of what we've been up to.
A week ago, we went to the pumpkin patch and the kids loved running around the hay maze there (especially Jazlyn).


Last week, Wes and I took Jazlyn to Disney on Ice. The best part was watching Jazlyn's expressions. Everything is SOOO REAL when you're four. She got to see Cinderella in the lobby before it started, as well as some fun displays they had set up of some of the princess's gowns, movie props, etc. It was a great time! There were so many people there, getting a good picture was hard to come by.

Tonight for Family home evening, we carved pumpkins. I love this time of year. I'm not a huge pumpkin pie fan, but I love pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, etc. and the kids love them too. We might start turning shades of orange lately from all of this vitamin A intake....
I read Fireproof last week and then Wes and I rented the movie and watched it Saturday night. While the acting is not that great, I love the message of the movie. I think anyone who is married, or about to get married should either read the book or see the movie. It gives you a lot to think about and the things it teaches will help any marriage to improve.



8 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, I'm not 4 but everyhting there was real! JK, but I love it everytime. That is so cool you both took her. I told Chad last time we would both go this year and it ended up being just Maisey and I... Anyway, hope all is well and I can't wait to see you Fri.! Is Wes excited?:)

NicoleD said...

Don't you just love fall and all the fun things there are to do! I loved Fireproof! I'm with you on the acting, but the message is definitely powerful. The book is on my reading list.

Caity said...

I totally agree about Fireproof. No Oscars will be won for acting, but still AWESOME! I wish all movies were that uplifting!

Cute pictures! It seems like everytime I go to your blog Matsen looks older!

Disney Princesses on Ice would be so fun! It's cool that you got to go!

Crystal said...

Yes, Fireproof was good and anyone's marriage can improve from unselfishness. And yes, I understand about trying to get a blog in, it's impossible!

Lisa said...

I almost started crying when I took my kids to disney on ice back in Vegas. I couldn't believe how thier eyes light up.

Russ Larsen said...

Thanks for showing us again what the most beautiful kids in the world look like! Can't wait to see you all again.

janc@mac.com said...

What a lot of fun family events. You are great parents.

bugnose7 said...

Treasure the moments.