....No, we're not going to Hawaii on vacation, though that would be nice. But I made the must scrumptious treat ever today. If you're a chocolate-caramel fanatic like myself, you will love these:
German Chocolate Bars
60-62 caramels
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 package German Chocolate Cake mix
3/4 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. evaporated milk
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine first 2 ingredients and heat in saucepan until melted, stirring constantly.
Grease 9 x 13 pan and combine rest of ingredients, except chocolate chips. Press half of the dough into the pan and reserve the rest. Bake at 350 for 8 min. Remove and sprinkle choclate chips over crust, and then the caramel. Crumble rest of dough over caramel. Return to oven for 18-20 min. Cool slightly; refrigerate 30 minutes for caramel to set. Enjoy with milk!!!!
10 comments:
holy goodness... that sounds amazing. i had a bad sweet tooth today, and Dan requested pumpkin cookies, so we made those tonight. they sound like amateurs compared to those :) mmmmm.
We call these Killer Brownies. One of my favorite treats!!
Those sound SOOO GOOD! I wish I would have seen this before I got all the supplies for the stuff I plan to make for tomorrow night's party. Next time!
oh how I miss your yummy treats! Miss ya!
OK, seriously, Kristy, I'm not going to keep losing weight if you post ridiculous recipes like these. It's a damn good thing I don't like to cook... :-)
Yum Yum Yum. I will definitely have to try them out!
I can't even write down your recipe because I know if I make it I will eat it all!
Those sound so good, I am a huge chocolate fan! and chocolate with caramel is sooo good together, thanks for sharing!
Dan will love these. He's also a chocaholic.
Honey, I've gained about five pounds just reading this post :) I'm in!
Post a Comment