What a busy week it has been! I taught preschool this week, about the Five Senses. It was a super fun lesson and went really well, but required a decent amount of preparation. We also went on a preschool field trip to the zoo and saw the new lion exhibit, which was very impressive. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately! I love Autumn! Also, been busy with piano lessons, kid's doctor appointments, girl's get-together bracelet making, and cleaning up 2 million messes on behalf of this cute boy featured below. Nothing is safe at the kitchen table. This boy loves fruit, and so the fruit bowl can no longer be kept at the kitchen table. Here's a picture of him when he got hungry one day when dinner was running behind, so he helped himself to a nectarine and ate half of it. He's also eaten an entire apple by himself, including some of the core. What a little angel.

Last week my mom came to visit and right before she left she asked Jazlyn if she wanted to go home with her. She's been trying to convince Jazlyn to go home with her for a couple of years and she's always been too hesitant without me being there. This time, however, she jumped at the idea and within half an hour of bringing it up, they were packed up and gone and I was left about ready to bawl. The house was SOOOO QUIET with her gone. She was only gone for 2 days, but it felt like a long time. I didn't realize how much this cute 4 year old controls my life. Not that Matsen doesn't keep me busy, but she is quite the chatterbox and we talk all day long. She's always wanting to DO something FUN too. I missed her soo much, and I thought Matsen would too, but he seemed to joy being the only child and actually played great by himself. We were all super excited when she came home!! Here's a few pictures my mom took of her while she SPOILED HER ROTTEN last week! I'm glad they had a great time. Next time she'll have to take Matsen...


We also loved listening to General Conference this weekend. I love listening to the prophet and other leaders of the church. I especially enjoyed the messages about strengthening our families, the importance of serving others, listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and developing the quality of integrity. Can't wait to read them again in the Ensign!
6 comments:
Michelle went to see the lions with her little family too! Sounds like you are keeping busy. It sure would be nice if someone wanted to take one of my kids for a couple of days and spoil them rotten :-). Looks like Jazlynn had fun. I love the fall too, all the beautiful colors. Conference was great buy I always have to read the talks again when the Ensign comes out because I have four little distractions.
I can't believe that boy is yours!
Sounds like you have been super busy. Thanks for your help with the bracelets.
It doesn't take long to miss those kids, what does becoming a mother do to us.
Lucky Grandma! Matson has changed so much since you last posted pictures. He looks like a little boy instead of a baby now. So cute.
You don't have to wait for the Ensign to come out they are already on the church's web page. So you can enjoy reading, listening or watching conference anytime.
Wow how generous of your Mom! I bet the house was quiet though. Matsen is changing so much!
Post a Comment