Sunday, September 27, 2009

Daddy-Daughter hike

Yesterday Wes and Jazlyn went on a daddy-daughter hike with one of Jazlyn's friends and her dad. I was super nervous that this wouldn't be a pleasant experience for them, because Jazlyn whines about walking around a store for a few minutes and this was a 2 mile total hike, which is a lot for her. However, she did great and walked the whole thing with minimal whining. I'm sure it helped that her friend was there to keep her going. It was a fun day for all....I got to have almost 3 hours of peace and quiet while they were gone and Matsen was napping. This was a rare treat!! I'm so glad they had a great time together.


Jazlyn is becoming quite a photographer...to capture this true smile from Wes on camera is one in a million!



7 comments:

jamie t. said...

What a great idea! I am glad that it went so well and those pictures are priceless!

clairy said...

That's so cute! It's a win-win situation, because I'm sure they both had fun, and you get a chance to pursue your own interests too!

janc@mac.com said...

Way to go, Jazlyn and Wes. Looks like so much fun!

Caity said...

I think it's so cool that he took her on a daddy-daughter hike!

Lisa said...

That is so cute. What a great dad!

Crystal said...

That is so cool that she did that. Good Job Wes for doing it too!

Saratoga Six said...

That waterfall is gorgeous. I am so jealous. I miss the northwest.