Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Matsen's 1st Birthday and Father's Day

We were in Washington this past weekend for Matsen's birthday and Father's day. But since I never mentioned Mother's Day either, I thought I'd publicly announce how much I love my parents. They are amazing and are such AWESOME examples to me. Here are some pictures of them (a little out of order). They are also fabulous grandparents. Jazlyn and Matsen adore them!
And here's a shout out to my husband--the father of our children, who works so many hours to provide for us, which we appreciate! I'm so glad he works hard so I can be a stay-at-home mother, which I wouldn't trade for anything--it's the best! Thanks, Wes, we love you!



*****************************************************

My sweet baby boy--I cannot believe you are one already! Before I ever had a boy, I'll admit I thought I would be just fine with having only girls. Boys were too busy, mischievious, etc. I didn't think I could ever love a little boy as much as I do my sweet daughter. And then Matsen was born, and now I cannot imagine my life without him. He is the sweetest little guy you will ever find. He's such a little snuggler, gives me hugs and kisses and has a smile that absolutely melts my heart, with his dimples and blazing blue eyes. And yes, he is extremely busy and mischievious, but with a face as cute as his and a heart as sweet as his, I'll take his busy any day. He has brought so much joy and happiness into our family and is such a special little guy. He has also gone through many hair styles, from thick and black:



to hair falling out and balding a bit:




to my little blondie with curls (curls not pictured, but look at previous posts for the cute curls)



Life is never dull with you around Matsen and we love you SOOOO much! Unfortunately, I was not a prepared mother and did not even get a picture of his cake before it was cut into, nor did I even bring my camera (we celebrated his birthday in Washington with our families), so the pictures we have our compliments of my mom: thanks. I think Matsen's favorite part of the day was everyone singing Happy Birthday to him. He had the hugest grin on his face and could tell everyone was singing to him and was so excited. What a little sweetie!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sweet post Kristy! Boy has he changed- I'm probably getting really annoying but I see him every few weeks and he always looks different! Cute picture in the coordinating outfits- you know I love that kind of thing! Thanks so much for coming over today and for all your help in all!

Adrianna said...

Matsen... what a cutie boy!
And, uh, your parents look really, really young!

Kaylene said...

What a sweet post! It was so nice to see you Saturday...I really wish I could have hung out and visited with you guys a bit more!

Sarah said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Matsen!

bugnose7 said...

What a blessed woman you are.

The Nielsons said...

Sounds like a good time in Washington. We celebrate Carter's birthday this week and I'm very excited as well. Yep, boys are mischievious alright but we wouldn't trade it for their cuteness. Carter went through the hair lightening stages as well-crazy but cute!

Crystal said...

cute, cute, cute boy! They grow up way too fast! I can't imagine loving a little girl as much as my boy, I guess I'll find out one day.

Lisa said...

These kids grow up too fast!