Saturday, June 13, 2009

10K and Piano Recital

It's been a great weekend! Last night, my three beautiful piano students performed in a casual short but sweet recital at our house. They did a great job and had their pieces memorized so well!

So this is out of order, but last weekend we went home for my brother Jared's graduation, which was great. My mom snapped some family pictures while we were there, and this was the cutest one.



And then this morning my friend Adrianna and I ran the Helvetia 10K. We did really well and crossed the finish line at just over an hour (1:02). I was so proud at how well we did! We're great running partners for each other. I was having a hard time getting going at the beginning, while Adrianna was full of energy, and then at the end Adrianna was getting tired and I was ready to sprint to the finish. It helped to have each other to keep us going and we had fun!

13 comments:

runningfan said...

Way to go!

Melissa said...

I'm so proud of you girls. We should sign up for the half next year. No excuses! Really cute family pic by the way!

The Nielsons said...

Glad your recital went well. I still get nervous for my students. Way to go on the 10K. Awesome time and it looks like it has been great exercise-you look fabulous!

Crystal said...

How come you didn't like running that much when we lived together? I could have used a running companion!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Congrats on the run! That is awesome. I love the family pic too.

Blogful said...

You are so awesome! Great job! Matsen is so blond lately. So cute.

janc@mac.com said...

Way to go Kristy. What a Mom! You run a tight ship, teach piano students, paint, clean, cook, and even run marathons. We're proud of all you are accomplishing.

Whitney Seaberg said...

GOOD JOB! That is awesome you are doing this. It seems more and more women I know are running. (isn't it weird to think of ourselves as a women? I'm not old enough for that..lol) I hope to someday get back into shape and be able to run a marathon of some sort :)

Adrianna said...

You really ARE on top of things! Wow, you busy girl!

That really was a great day, let's do it again! ;)

Kaylene said...

WOW! Congrats on the 10k and the successful piano recital. I can't believe Jared just graduated...(and Jacob and my Jared will be next!!) Crazy how time flies!

Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

Monica said...

Wow Kristy, you never stop amazing me. A 10K sounds a bit more managable than a half marathon. I should try that one next. You inspire me. How fun to have piano students. Congrats on all your doing!

Saratoga Six said...

I am so impressed! Great time too! Your family looks so grown up too.

Lisa said...

You are awesome good job