Thursday, July 2, 2009

My darling sister Lindsey

This week has been sooo fun! My sister Lindsey came to visit! We hadn't seen her since Christmas, and it was so fun to visit with her and also to have her re-bond (is that a word?) with Jazlyn and Matsen. Jazlyn just adores Aunt Lindsey. Matsen, of course, didn't remember her. But it was a no-brainer that he would take to her right away. In fact, I think he was a little confused while she was here because he could tell she was similar to me. He kind of gave her this look like, "You're almost like my mom...weird...but not quite." We had lots of fun eating, shopping, exercising, eating, watching movies, and staying up late chatting. I think every girl should have a sister. And Jazlyn is in agreement. She prays every day she will have a sister (no, this is not an announcement), but hopefully she'll get a sister someday, because they are priceless and oh so much fun. We were all bawling at the airport when we dropped her off this morning. Jazlyn and I cried almost the whole way home and Jazlyn kept saying, "But Lindsey didn't stay too long...I wanted her to stay longer." I had to agree. It's hard to have someone you love live too far away. Thanks for a fun visit Lindsey and for being a fabulous sister. We love you and miss you already!



8 comments:

Crystal said...

Sisters are the best! You're like a sister to me and I hope we can always stay close.

bugnose7 said...

You are so right. I can't even explain how much my sister has meant to me. We shared a bed together until Jan left home and got married. I wish I had more opportunities to be with her.

Lisa said...

Sisters get better and better the older you get. I love my sister tons!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad she was bale to come and visit- and as a single woman!

What Karen Sees said...

I always felt cheated growing up that I didn't have a sister. But that changed when I married Jeff and got two wonderful sisters who have welcomed me into the family and loved me unconditionally.

drans007 said...

after just seeing ALL our siblings on both sides of family for our double wedding week it is hard to be way out here "alone" again. thank goodness for blogs, emails, cell phones, and videos.

janc@mac.com said...

What a darling entry. Loved the pictures and the sentiments. Sisters rule -- just ask the women who just finished reunioning at our house.

Saratoga Six said...

So fun to have sisters visit. It's cruel all mine live so far away. There's nobody like a sister.