So I've decided that the days that turn out especially crazy are the ones in which I have several projects that I want to get done, and then I get frustrated when things don't always go as planned. But everything always works out.
So I just barely finished painting the last bathroom, hurrah!!! It only took me four different sessions of painting the master bathroom because of interruptions, but oh well.
Here was my crazy day: I had a meeting this morning for my new calling as Beehive Advisor, which I'm REALLY excited about! Anyways, that postponed Matsen's morning nap, so when he finally laid down, I started painting and then he woke up after only a 30 minute nap. GRRR!! So he's in his crib screaming while I'm trying to clean up my painting mess.
Yesterday I found a great deal on strawberries at Winco and bought a bunch to make jam with. So that was my other major goal today. Jazlyn had a couple of friends over to play and kept having melt downs because she did NOT want to share! While they were here, I started making my jam and I realized I was barely short an ingredient, which my wonderful friend Jamie brought to me on her way back to pick up her girls from their play date with Jazlyn. Then it was dinner time and that's always a melt down time for Matsen, who thinks he needs my attention. So we're just finishing dinner and the door bell rings. We have absolutely no idea who it could be. Wes and I both go to answer the door and see a mom and two daughters standing on our porch. I'm sure I gave them this blank look like, "Who are you and what are you doing here?" Come to find out, it's my two brand new piano students, who I've never met before, who I thought weren't coming until Thursday. I'm such a space case and misread an email from their mother about the date. So my house is a wreck, I have my crummy t-shirt on and the rest of dinner is still sitting on the table. Fortunately, their mom was super nice and cool about the whole situation. She offered to come at a different time, but I told her it would be just fine. So Wes rushed the kids out the door to take them to the park. My piano lessons went fine. When Wes came home he said that he took the kids to Wendy's for a frosty and Jazlyn fell and bit her lip and got blood all over and everyone at Wendy's was having a fit and asking if she needed an ambulance, and knowing Jazlyn, I'm sure she was being her drama queen self. But it turned out to be a really small cut--no big deal--no ambulance.
So, if you are still reading this, bless you, and thank you for reading about the inconsequential details of a day in our crazy life. We're all alive and happy, just a little frazzled after a busy day!!
12 comments:
Wow, when I called at noon or so I had no idea that your already busy say was going to get even crazier- like you said, it's always when other things are planned! Hopefully the upside to today is that maybe tomorrow will be real relaxing- since you seemed to have crammed it all in! I hope by now you are relaxing in bed sleeping, slumbering away the nightmares of the day! Talk soon.
LOL! (I hope you don't mind me laughing). I think we've all had days like this. Sometimes I wonder why I ever plan on getting things done when I just get more frustrated because I actually had goals.
Oh, and hurray for the new calling! Are you playing the organ too?
I hope my stinkers didn't add to the chaoas? I hope that today goes better and that you get to check many things checked off your to do list!!! We need to have Jazlyn over to play! Call me
Wow, way to handle things like a pro. We all have days like that, however we then end up with some really fun stories to tell our kids later...."Remember the time..." Hang in there, things will only get better from here.
It's definitely hard trying to get stuff done and take care of kids. They like 100% of your attention.
Days like that are so exhausting. I have them often. It's so hard to get things done that you want to and take care of the kids. Here's hoping today isn't as crazy.
Congrats on the new calling.
So glad you got this one down on paper. I've had a many of those and when I go back to a journal entry and read it, I feel the same sense of being overwhelmed as the day it happened. Bless you good mothers for all you do!
That's funny! I totally understand the frustrations now of being a mother though I don't know the extent that you feel with two. It's so hard when you planning on getting a lot done and they shorten their naps. I hope the rest of the week went better!
Loved the whole story. It sounds soooo familiar. I simply gave up on getting projects done during daylight. However, I did make 4 batches of apricot pineapple jam Monday and dried a batch of apricots in the oven. It took all day plus. Just remember to learn from every experiences and call it all GOOD!
That is crazy! I hope that you have since learned to space out your projects! Ha! Sounds like you are a little to ambitious for your own good!
I'm glad the mom was understanding and kudos to you for being able to teach a lesson at the spur of the moment! Can't wait to see more house pictures. :)
You deserve a raise. Way to balance and juggle. I think you're amazing!
Post a Comment