Just in case any of you were thinking of calling me (as some of you have already) to see if the baby is here, I'll save you the trouble: It is still swimming around contentedly inside of me. I don't think I'd be quite as discouraged or downhearted about still being pregnant if I hadn't gone through false labor on Sunday. We all but went to the hospital. I was having contractions all day and had my heart set that the baby would be here by Monday, but unfortunately it was not the real thing and the contractions stopped when I went to bed that night. So now it's the "fun" waiting game. I'm so sick of being pregnant! For all of you who always have your babies early, feel lucky. I don't even want to go anywhere now, because all I get are, "You still haven't had the baby?" comments.....as if anyone could be more frustrated about it than me. So just a word for the wise, don't bug people about not having their babies yet if they are past due...............at that point the pregnant mommy is already annoyed enough without everyone else's comments.
*Just a side note* I probably sound really crabby here, and I want everyone to know that I'm grateful for friends who check on me and are concerned and want to help............however, just know you'll hear about it when the baby does come...........until then don't ask!!! Also, I'm getting induced on Friday morning if the baby has not decided to come on its own by then.
7 comments:
Hey, I am really glad I didn't call to check on you yesterday or today. Hopefully, you know I am willing to help in anyway I can and don't take offense that I probably won't speak to you all week. I "wondered" about you Monday (yesterday) because you weren't at reading day and by afternoon Maisey came down with a fever. It has been 24 hours and we are still hovering around 103.7. Tomorrow we are suppose to go to Hood River to help some friends pack for their move (if she's better) and so I probably won't see you until after the baby is here. Which from the sound of things may be what you want right now. Good luck with your delivery and you can always call me if you need/want an extra coach with experience no matter what time it is. Take care. Rachel
That is the WORST! I just dreaded going to church at the end because people had their comments--which were usually kind of rude about my size, or trying to be funny, but not at all about still being preg. But then I thought if I didn't go to church they would all call thinking I was in labor or something.
Don't worry. Somewhere down the road, maybe years from now, it will be important that he/she is born on a certain day. You'll just have to wait for him/her to finish up all their work in heaven. :)
We're praying for a smooth and wonderful delivery!
I am sorry! That sounds so frustrating! Good luck this Friday (or sooner)! I'll remember your little advice for the future :)
I'm so sorry. That has to be hard to watch your due date come and go. I hope that things go lightning fast once real labor starts. I'll keep my phone by me just in case you need me to do a midnight run to your house. :) Please call me if you need anything... if not we'll wait for the big news!!
Bummer! Well, when it happens, I hope everything goes well!
Thanks for all of your support and hope no one is offended by my orneriness!
I'm sorry! I hope you have had your baby now otherwise I will cry for you.
Post a Comment