Monday, April 28, 2008

Little Princess



On Friday Jazlyn went to her friend Lucy's birthday party. It was a princess party where they all came dressed up as princesses, did some fun "princess activities" and then left with fun princess party favors and Jazlyn was in heaven! As usual, she acted reserved at the party and stayed kind of behind the scenes, but before and after the party she couldn't stop talking about it and playing with all of her fun party favors.

So today I'm having one of those days where I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore, yet I don't think I'm ready to handle two kids yet. Jazlyn has always been emotional (can't imagine where she got that from?), but lately she's been super emotional about everything under the sun. And she wants me and my attention all of the time. She's also testing limits, asserting her independence, need I go on??? I am about ready to run away for a mommy vacation, even though I know I'd miss her like crazy not too long after I left. How am I going to handle two? I'm hoping that being pregnant is causing this major lack of impatience I'm having, and that after I'm not pregnant anymore I will be at least a little more capable of taking care of two children without having an emotional breakdown!!

P.S. I love Jazlyn to death........for anyone who's a mom, you know how you just have those days you're ready to pull your hair out??? This is just one of those times!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Jazlyn looks super cute as an "official" princess!

When you have days that make you want to hed for the hills (or a "mommy vacation") you just need to call a close friend or family member (anyone nearby), and say, "I need a break!" I wish I would have been able to read your mind when I called you yesterday because she would probably love a break away with other kids (Maisey and I- of course I'm the big kid) as much as you would. Give a shout when you need out!

You will (and Jazlyn will too) do great with another little one in the mix. From my most recent personal experience, I feel like I have even a little MORE patience because I look at Maisey's new little brother and think, oh she was this little not long ago and I could NEVER get mad a such a sweet little thing! Plus, I don't want to spark any jealousy or resentment because it's obvious that I'm ga-ga for this little guy. So, I'm the one trying to be on my best mommy behavior... Well, as good as I can with all the sleep deprevation but were not perfect. Remember you have a friend (just think of James Taylor when you read that silently) and I would love to return some service to you in exchange for all the great ways you've helped me out with babysitting during all my prenatals and such.

Heather said...

I TOTALLY understand what you are saying!! The twins have been SO whiney, I just want to pull my hair out! They are constantly fighting over something, or begging for a snack, or doing something they KNOW they shouldnt be doing! Oh the joys... I sure hope this phase ends quickly! And you'll do great with a second child. I just know it!

Adrianna said...

At my last appointment, my OB asked if I had any concerns and I said,"Besides the hormones? I feel like I'm meanie mommy alot of the time." She recommended more sleep. -Right.-
I seriously have almost zero patience and it's always sad for me afterwards and I wonder if I messing my kids up, but I just think, 'a few more months and I'll be back to normal...' Meanwhile, I have to try to remember to count to 10 since the doctor says that initial reaction time is what goes first when you are over-tired.

I'm rambling... I guess what I'm trying to say is I hear ya sista!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I feel ya girl! Tayson is doing the same thing right now with his limits. The boy has never talked back but all of a sudden he is doing it left and right. I too hope that the pregnancy is to blame for my "moodiness" with him. I'm sure we will both get through it. You're due first though so you will have to let me know.

Maren said...

I completely sympathize! Sydne has been emotional for about a week now and I'm ready to have my daughter back! Wouldn't it be great if we lived closer than we could be impatient pregnant women together and our girls could be emotional together? :-)

Shayla said...

Totally know what you're talking about... my boys sure give me a run for my money and I have those days every so often... really though, 2 is not as hard as I was afraid of... you'll do great!