Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Christmas!

It's been forever since I posted. Here's a quick update for the next month or two, where I left off. I took my turn teaching preschool. They are such a cute group of kids and Shelten just loves it!


Jazlyn got picked for an honor Orchestra. It was so fun to listen to them play, they did a great job.


My parents came to visit and were kind enough to watch the kids while Wes and I got away for two days and a night.  We had fun visiting a new museum and I got to enjoy my belated birthday present, an Amy Grant and Michael W Smith Christmas concert. I've always wanted to see him in concert and it was fabulous and did not disappoint! Wes pulled out all the stops and got us 3rd row seats. What a wonderful husband!



I was really bad at taking pictures while my parents were here and only caught this one right before they got back on the plane. It was really fun to have them here. They were so helpful!
 My mom got to take jazlyn to her early Christmas present, the Lindsey Sterling concert.  It was on the same night as the concert Wes and I went to.
My parents also got to enjoy my piano recital.  Sadly, jazlyn was sick with one of her many strep throat episodes and so she stayed home with my Dad.
 Wes and I enjoyed a Christmas ugly sweater party and came home with some funny white elephant gifts, including the silly Santa hat on Shelten's head below.

We took a day and went to the Science Museum before our pass expired. It was fun!




When my parents came they brought us these fun costumes for us to wear to our church Christmas party, a night in Bethlehem.


 Unfortunately I did not get you any pictures on Christmas day, as I mostly got video. Here are a few though:
 Shelten has been very into firefighters and loves dressing up like them. Matsen has loved his magic kit and puts on comical shows for us!

 Wes found a picture Jazlyn had taken of the temple and blew it up on a canvas for her room.
Somehow kelston missed out on pictures with his gifts, but he loved his Legos and science kit!

We had fun making these gingerbread houses, although there was a large meltdown in the middle that hopefully most of us have forgotten about by now.

 Shelten's big present this year was his big boy bed. He loves it!

Hopefully I'll get some more catch up done on the blog soon.

5 comments:

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Good job Kristy. I know its hard to get going again on posts when you're behind. We had such a fun time there in December with the kids. Looks like you had a really nice Christmas. Wow, the picture Jazlyn took of the temple looks really nice!
We'll look forward to more posts in the near future:)

janc@mac.com said...

It's so great o see you back again. I love seeing pictures of your children who are growing and changing faster than you realise. It looks like you had a great Christmas. Keep Jazlyn playing the viola. She will be needed always.

Kristy E.B. said...

Awesome pictures, mom. Love you.

Saratoga Six said...

What a lovely Christmas! I’m glad you were able to go to your favorite concerts too.

bugnose7 said...

I am so glad you are blogging again. I have really missed seeing pictures of your children. You all look so happy.