Sunday, September 3, 2017

Flying through Spring



  Trying to rack my brain and look through my calendar and pictures on my phone to see what we were up to over the spring.  Jazlyn and her friend and cousin (who popped in town really quick for a night) decided to have a restaurant one evening for their families.  They decided on a "breakfast for dinner" menu and made a quite extensive menu and fed their families.  They earned a little money doing this and also practiced their cooking skills and cleaning up the kitchen skills afterwards.  It was a great success!!


 Other random events include dental check ups, building large parking garages out of books, legos, and a storage bin.  These boys' creativity never ceases to amaze me!


Jazlyn and I got to go to a church mother-daughter activity and had a fun time painting nails, decorating cupcakes, and taking silly pictures.  I'm so glad I have a daughter, especially one so sweet and wonderful as Jazlyn!!



  We also made it to the zoo once or twice more before our pass expired.  Wes's parents got us a pass to Science City for Christmas.  We've taken the kids a few times and they always love it!


Can you see Kelston's missing his two front teeth here?  By now they've grown in quite a bit.


  No, we didn't get a dog.  But Kelston is our animal lover, so occasionally we take him to the pet store and let him pet a puppy for awhile in hopes that that can tide him over until he's a grown up and can have a dog of his own.


 Our friends had a ginormous Easter egg hunt in their backyard and the kids enjoyed finding lots of eggs!



  After the egg hunt, we came back and put everyone to work on digging out some massive roots of some bushes we pulled out to make more room for our garden, which may or may not have actually taken off this year....The boys thought it was fun to use their muscles in helping yank these stubborn guys out of the ground.



 Jazlyn participated in Battle of the Books again this year.  Her team did pretty well.  They won their first battle, and the second battle couldn't have been any closer.  They were neck and neck with the team the entire game and I found myself getting super nervous/anxious for them.  In the end they lost by one question.  It was rather disappointing, but we were proud that they did their best.  Jazlyn helped her team out a lot!


My mom flew in the evening of Easter.  We took her to the Toys and Miniatures Museum.



 My mom helped me prepare for my spring piano recital, as Wes had to go out of town for work the night before.  My students all did amazing, I was so proud of each of them!!


Another visit to the pet store....



 Totally random, but I wanted to remember this super sweetest piano tuner that we have.  Last time he came to tune the piano, he was so patient with my boys. Kelston absolutely loves tools and fixing/taking things apart.  This gracious tuner let Kelston assist him and let him watch for as long as he wanted.  I was so touched by his kindness and always refer friends to him.


This was my 3rd year in a row of running the 5K temple run.  Unfortunately I didn't have the kids train with me as much as I should have, but we still had a fun time and they did pretty well.


After the temple run (as if that wasn't tiring enough), we came home and Wes and the boys and I did a massive pruning of some very very large trees in our yard.  This was the huge pile that we cut and piled for the yard waste to come pick up.  The boys were troopers!!


  Here's Matsen's sweet potato start that he started in cub scouts.  He's got more of a green thumb than me as of late.


 Jazlyn had her elementary graduation!!  They had some fun activities and snacks afterwards.  She's growing up so quickly.
  Kelston had his kindergarten graduation.  He had such a sweet wonderful teacher.  She said some very sweet things about him and he just beamed the whole time.



 Matsen earned his Wolves badge!


 Sadly, my friend Marie moved, although fortunately it's less than an hour away, so I can still see her.  Her family is amazing and is greatly missed in our ward.  We served in the primary presidency together for 2.5 years and I learned so much from her.


And that was our spring....stay tuned for a summer update, hopefully sooner than later!

5 comments:

Blogful said...

Thanks for the update! Fun seeing pictures of your cute family. They are growing so fast!

mtwbb said...

Nice job. Love you.

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Wow, three posts in one day!! It was nice to revisit some of the memories you posted about. I especially enjoyed my visit with you in the Spring! You have to admit painting your bathroom was one of the highlights:)
Your piano recital was awesome and it was fun to see all you do for your students. I still am amazed at all the students you have and that you're so organized with all of them. Good job!
Its fun to watch you in action when I'm there and the love and patience you have with your kids. I wish I'd had more of that.
Love you tons:)

Crystal said...

Isn't it crazy how fast time flies! I think you need to get your boy a dog and/or cat! Every kid needs one!

janc@mac.com said...

It's great fun seeing you post again. You went a long time without posting. Loved seeing all your spring events. Your family is always involved in good things.