Sunday, September 10, 2017

Emma, Nauvoo, and ER

  Summer started out super busy, but lots of fun.  We had our cousin, Emma, come stay with us for 8 days.  Jazlyn was in heaven to have another girl in the house!!  She got to go to activity days day camp with Jazlyn for 3 days.  Matsen also went to cub scout day camp, but unfortunately I have no pictures from that, because the day I was assigned to go, there was a huge thunderstorm, so our pack opted out that day.  I got to organize our pack's day camp, along with the cubmaster and that was a lot of work, but the boys had lots of fun.



  We took Emma on a quick over nighter to Nauvoo, Illinois.



We had a great time in Nauvoo and even got to see a few new parts we hadn't caught before.  For example, we discovered an area where they are still collecting artifacts that get dug up in new restoration digs they are doing.  I thought it was really cool that they have this piece of pottery that they let the kids play with and piece back together that was found among Joseph and Emma's things.







 Our family photo shoot turned out better than the time we tried three years ago, Mom, when the kids were not cooperating at all.  They're growing up and maturing!!


  Carthage jail was a special last and sobering stop.  I'm so grateful for the sacrifices that Joseph Smith made to restore our church and sealed his testimony with his blood.  I am so grateful for all that he did to restore the church upon the earth.





  It was sad to see Emma go.  She's such a sweet easy-going girl and we all enjoyed having her here!


   Shelten tripped with wet feet into our glass storm door and went through head first, or ear first.  Poor guy had to be put to sleep to get about 12 stitches, some of which in his ear, where there were 2 pieces of glass that had cut it up.  Fortunately it didn't get to his eardrum.  He was so very brave and I was amazed how quickly he healed and how well he took it.  It could have been a lot worse.  We are so blessed with amazing neighbors who came to our aid and fed and helped our other children and cleaned up the monumental broken glass mess while Wes and I were at the hospital with him.



 On a happier note, I had to record our fun family activity of Frisbee golf.  Look for more updates coming soon!


3 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

Nauvoo is such a neat place to visit. It really helps one appreciate the sacrifices made by the early members, also get closer to Joseph Smith. We love that place.

bugnose7 said...

I love Nauvoo. So glad you are close enough to make it a day outing.

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

I'm so happy Emma was able to come for a visit and Jazlyn could actually have some girl time. Looks like you kept her busy. Yes, your picture definitely turned out better than the one we tried several years ago, but you probably aren't getting the good laughs we got out of that. Everyone once in a while I watch the video and it makes me laugh!! So happy Shelten healed so well from his accident, what a blessing!!