I think this has been the longest I've neglected my blog. It's not because we haven't had anything fun to report though! I can't believe summer break's over and the kids are back in school!! We had a wonderful summer; as always it flew right by. We celebrated Matsen's 8th birthday. His baptism pictures will be in a future post though. I promised Matsen he could have a birthday party this year. It turned out to be small, but really fun. We did a lego themed party, with a water fight at the end.
This year the Primary presidency, of which I'm a part of, decided to have an Activity Days day camp for the 8-11 year old girls in our church. It was only for 3 days for a few hours. I got to host one day, and although it took a lot of time and work to prepare, it turned out soooo much fun!! We have tons of girls, plus a few brought friends. I hosted the older group, the younger girls were at a different house. I think between both groups there were about 30 girls that came! Everyone had a fabulous time!!
Matsen also went to cub camp and sadly I cannot find the couple of pictures I took....we can describe it in one word: HOT!!! It was so hot in fact that they ended early 2 days because people were getting heat exhaustion. Besides the heat, he had a great time.
After these fun events, we headed to Utah for a double family reunion. First we went to the Park City/Heber area with my parents and siblings. My parents rented a huge house and we had SO MUCH FUN!!! It was seriously so much fun to be altogether. The kids had such a blast with their cousins.
Me and my younger siblings. Love you guys!!
My grandparents and aunts came up for dinner one night. Didn't snatch a picture of my aunts, whoops. So fun to catch up with them all!
We all had fun at temple square, and the new church history museum was awesome and very kid friendly!
One of the things I was most excited about going to Utah for was so the kids could see their great-grandparents again, as they rarely get to spend time with them. I hope they will always have some clear and tender memories. Grandma Larsen seems so happy and sharp for her age!
We celebrated Kelston's birthday a little early since we were altogether. He didn't mind getting to have 2 birthday cakes in the least.
My sister is a masseuse and gave me an amazing hour long massage while I was there. Thanks! Wish we lived closer, sister!!
We checked out the Olympic museum and jumps while in Park City--quite fun!
I got to see my dear friend, Rachel, from Oregon while we were there.
When we very first met we each had one child. And now our number of children has quadrupled in size!!
To be continued....
8 comments:
It's been awhile!!! Looks like a fun and busy summer! So glad we got to see each other for the reunion, wish it happened more often!!! Love you!
Brings back great memories seeing your pictures. Your activity days sounds like it was a great success!! Happy to hear you survived summer and did some fun activities. Love you:)
Fun times. You better finish before Christmas. Love you.
I like that -matsen
Glad to see you posting again. You've had an eventful summer. I'm looking forward to the baptism pictures.
Love your post mom I enjoyed the pictures!.😊
I am glad you are blogging again! It looks like you've had a fun and exciting summer. I am still bummed that we barely missed each other in Park City!
What a fun reunion and summer you had! I want to go and see the Manti Temple someday.
Post a Comment