
Here's the latest of what we've been up to. If you follow my mom's blog, you saw that they went to Oklahoma over Easter weekend. Since it's only a 5 hour drive away from us, we met them there and had a great weekend together! We drove by the house I lived in when I was a toddler. My very first memories were here. Very surreal.
We also found a fun Railway Museum that the kids loved!
We went by the Memorial to the Oklahoma bombing. I loved this statue of Christ that was across the street, facing away from the site. It is just how I imagine the Savior must feel when he sees the many crazy and disturbing things that are happening in the world.
We also visited a fun Cowboy museum and had an Easter egg hunt in the hotel room. It was a really fun quick weekend and so fun to be together.
Besides our Easter getaway, here's a few other highlights worth mentioning! Matsen was the only child picked in his school to have his art displayed at the state capitol building! There was art from children all over the state, kindergarten through high school. He is very artistic and creative and it was a special event for us to go support and celebrate his talent.
Here's his picture up closer. It's a painting with a few details drawn over the paint. So cute! Definitely a keeper!
How many baby carrots have you eaten that are shaped like the number 7?
Also worth noting, Kelston is quite the pianist. He begged me to teach him the classic "Indian Song" that was a few pages ahead of where he was in the book. I thought it would be too hard for him and he'd get frustrated, but he picked it up right away, even though it's in a pretty new hand position for him. He's definitely got the musical gene. It's so exciting to see him love it!
Jazlyn is also progressing with piano and playing more challenging songs. She's working on a ragtime now to get it ready for the end of the year school talent show. I'm so glad she's kept up playing piano, as it's getting a lot more fun for her now than it was [for both of us] a year or two ago.
About a month ago, the kids had spring break. Wes took the week off of work and we had created some great memories. The beginning of the week, we took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge, as Wes' parents Christmas present to us.
This day Shelten saw our neighbor painting his house, so he grabbed a pretend paintbrush and said he was going to paint our tree in the backyard. This little guy cracks me up. He has so much personality and is at a super fun age.
For a recent cub scouts pack meeting, the boys were supposed to make a cake to auction off with explicit instructions to have NO FEMALE help in the kitchen, including answering questions. Kelston and Dad assisted him in making this chocolate cake with sour patch kids for decorations. They were super proud of the outcome, and were really good sports about not getting to taste it (although the frosting bowl got licked pretty well).
I can't believe the school year will be over in another month. Time is flying by too quickly. I can't think of anything I'd rather do than be a mother and a wife to my sweet family.












11 comments:
It was great to catch up on your family. That's pretty neat that you were able to go by your old house with your parents.
Fun memories. Thanks for being a great mother and documenting the memories for our family.
I LOVE Matsen's picture!! You're going to have to get that framed.
We are so happy you made the trip to see us in Oklahoma. It was fun to walk down memory lane together and see some new things. I can't wait to hear the kids play their new songs. I'm glad you have a few interested in pursuing music.
Looks like some fun memories over Spring break. Enjoy your last month of 1/2 quiet while the kids are still in school:)
That cake looks truly delicious. Glad you are having such positive opportunities to influence your children in music. So fun that "Mom and Dad" were able to be with you again. You must not even feel like you moved halfway across the country.
What a fun update! Way to be, Super Mom! Looks like you've had a lot of fun lately with your kids. Your kids and mine are all at such fun ages, huh?! We've been having lots of fun too, I just haven't made the time to blog about it!
So fun! Loved your update.
I love the picture Matsen's picture. It is really good. Your family does some really fun activities. Keep building those memories. Do you remember the house you lived in in Oklahoma?
Hopefully part of their job with the cake was cleaning the kitchen when they were done.
What cute kids! That art work is amazing. He has some skill there. I love it! A good cook too! Fun travels also.
Cool pictures it was fun seeing the pictures you took of us.
Jazlyn
It looks like you showed what we did for spring break. it was fun seeing the pictures you took of us.
Jazlyn
Post a Comment