Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Best of February

  I keep getting behind here.  Where is the time going?  Things have been busy lately, most of which is unpictured.  I have 9 piano students now, up from only 4 I had at my Christmas recital.  I've also had my turn teaching Kelston's preschool class for a few weeks, and all of the other great and normal stuff taking care of my wonderful family. But here are some of the fun highlights lately:

  Wes and I had a fabulous Valentine's!  For Christmas, Wes surprised me with tickets to see Amy Grant, who was performing with the Kansas City symphony on Valentine's weekend!  This was a super sweet surprise, especially because it is not Wes's favorite music genre, but he knew I'd love it.  He's a keeper for sure!  We had 2nd row seats, and Wes loves to tell everyone that we were the only people under 50 on our row, he may have been off by one person...  It was a great concert--thanks, honey!












  Another highlight of February was my mom's visit.  We had a fun time together.  We took her to a few sites around here, including Kaleidoscope, the kid's favorite craft place, sponsored by Hallmark, and also Harry Truman's house.  Thanks for coming and spoiling us, mom!  (She has many more pictures on her blog that I took, so check there!)





 Here's Kelston sporting his jungle accessories he made in preschool.  So cute!
  We've been surprised what a mild winter we've had with hardly any snow.  The little snow we did get was thoroughly enjoyed by the kids though!


 This is one of my very favorite things to see "Look mom!"  Don't worry, I was at a red light when I took this picture.  It's always a joy to see our kids be buddies.


  This is a way overdue picture of Wes helping the boys make a motor, a Christmas present from Grandma and Papa.  They spen several hours doing this and loved it!



  Shelten is always cracking us up lately.  He says the most hilarious things!  Awhile back we were at Target, and they had this dog statue inside, maybe you've seen it.  He said, "This doggy is sad.  He's looking for his mommy."  He sure knows how to make us smile and laugh.  He's still a huge daddy's boy!!


 But he also adores his older siblings too.  And they adore him, as long as he's not destroying their stuff.....



Another Christmas present we enjoyed recently was flying the kite from Papa and Grandma.  This was the kid's first time and they loved it.  Even Kelston got it going on his own.  


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad to see you finally posted! Not that I have a lot of room to talk ha ha. Looks like you've been doing lots of fun things lately. You're such a good Mom to always go and do such fun things with your kiddos, tell them all hi and that I love them!

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Glad you got to go to the Amy Grant concert. I know how much you like her. That was very nice of Wes to take you and get such good seats!! I had so much fun being with you and the kids. They're growing up WAY too fast, but so cute. You're doing such a great job as their mom. Hard to believe you have 9 piano students, teach preschool, do your busy ward calling and keep the kids in line! You're amazing!! Love you:)

Crystal said...

I am so glad you are posting again! Way to go Wes for buying you Amy Grant tickets! When Jake and I were on our first date, we heard an Amy Grant song in a store. I looked over and Jake and he was singing along with it! I love to tease him about it.

bugnose7 said...

It has been a good Feb. for sure. True love is doing things that our spouse wants to do even though it is not our first choice.

janc@mac.com said...

It's great to see you posting again, although, after that Christmas surprise everything must seem pretty low key :) What a great spouse you have and it's so much fun to see how your sons enjoy each other. Sometimes when there are several boy siblings they compete for attention and quarrel and fight. You and Wes are great parents.

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Cute pics. Glad they had fun with the kite and the engine kit. I need to talk to Wes and find out how he scores 2nd row seats at concerts! Hope to see you guys again soon. Love you, Dad