Friday, January 2, 2015

Full House

  We had such an awesome Christmas!  We got to host Wes' parents, brother and his family for a week!  It was so much fun being with everyone!  Wes's parents arrived a few days before the rest of the crew and we took a quick overnight trip to Nauvoo to show his parents the sites.  We love Nauvoo!!  It is definitely a ghost town in the winter though.


  The highlight of that quick trip for me was the temple.  Last time we went Wes and I didn't go inside the temple and I'm so glad we got to this trip.  Thanks to his mom for watching the kids for us!  It is now my FAVORITE temple!!  Absolutely amazing beautiful!  What an incredible experience!


 Here's some of the crew touring the different sites:




And this is Shelten felt the 2nd day.  The 5 hour car ride home was rough for him (and a few others of us, including the parents)!  But it was so worth it.


24 hours after we arrived home, Wes's brother, Scott (sorry didn't grab a picture of him), arrived with his wife, Marci, their 2 kids, and Marci's mom.  Jazlyn was THRILLED to have another girl in our house in her age range!!  These girls had such a blast together, it was so sweet to watch!  We went to a nearby museum that has some fun interactive kid exhibits, set up like a city's main street.







Me and my sister-in-law Marci!


Shelten LOVED this tractor.  I had to pry him off--he would have stayed on there all day!



The cousins!


Not pictured: we went ice skating for all of the kids' first times.  It was a lot of fun!  Jazlyn and Alex picked it up pretty quickly, but the younger kids had a more difficult time.  Much to our relief, no one was injured!

Christmas Eve we opened the Grandparents presents so they wouldn't have to wake up too early Christmas morning.  Shelten was getting pretty excited about it and loved all of his new board books!


  The girls loved dressing like twins.  Brought back sweet memories of me playing with my favorite girl cousins more than a few years ago!




It was awesome to have extra helpers cooking and washing dishes!



Matsen and Kelston's favorite gifts were their lego sets, by far!  They have taken them apart and rebuilt them several times each already.  I hardly saw them today they were so busy making "exhibits" to show me!




Ahhh, Christmas.  Such fun and sweet memories.  Thanks everyone for coming and having a wonderful time with us!  I'm so grateful for this special time of year to be together and most importantly to remember our Savior and His love for and example to us.

6 comments:

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Jacob and I enjoyed looking at all of your fun pictures. We're so glad everyone had a good time and you got to have family there for your first Christmas….even though we MISSED you here. Tell Matsen and Kelston we love what they built with their legos.

Crystal said...

What a great Christmas! It's so fun to have family around during the holidays. Your hair is getting long!

Unknown said...

We sure enjoyed our visit and our special time together at Christmas and our trip to Nauvoo. Thanks for sharing your home with all of us and creating such special memories. I love all the pictures. We sure enjoyed spending time with everyone.

janc@mac.com said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. That's so great that you had Wes' family with you. Cousins create so many sweet childhood memories.

Lisa said...

I didn't realize you lived so close to Nauvoo. We want to go so bad. I haven't been since I was 10 and Adam has never been.

Lindsey said...

Looks like it was a super fun Christmas!!! I LOVED your side braid!