Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween

  Here's a recap of our Halloween festivities.  The top picture was taken right before we left to go Trick or Treating--can you tell we had some happy kids?? (Note the sarcasm)



 This much better picture was actually taken a week before Halloween before we left for the church Halloween party/carnival.  Glad we have at least one good one, although the top picture feels much more typical most days.


  I am one of two "Room moms" for Jazlyn's school class and get to help be in the charge of the holiday parties.  I did this reluctantly, but the Halloween party turned out really great.  This is a whole new thing for us; in Oregon the teacher just planned the party and a few parents could come help, or occasionally bring something, but that was about it.  I didn't quite know what to expect.  But the other parents were all very helpful to bring stuff and it ended up being much less stressful than I thought possible, so hooray!
 
  Wes was the expert pumpkin carver and helped carved the kid's pumpkins.  Matsen was really excited about his white pumpkin.


  It looks like we have a new recruit to add to our job chart.  Thank heavens!  This littlest guy has been kind of difficult lately.  He is equal parts adorable and exasperating!!!  He has discovered what sugar/chocolate are and if they are in sight, he's screaming hysterically to have some!  He's also learned how to push the water dispenser button on the fridge (which fortunately has a lock), loves to play in the pantry, and isn't really saying any words yet, so he does a lot of screaming.  He'd also suck on his binky all day if I let him, so I'm trying to keep it out of his mouth, but sometimes I just can't take the screaming any longer.  It's sure a good thing he gives sweet hugs and kisses and knows how to melt my heart!


6 comments:

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Glad Jazlyn's Halloween party turned out fun. Its a good thing Shelten is so cute or life would be "extra" hard. Good thing he has such a patient & loving mom!!

Blogful said...

Ditto over here! Ha ha! Can't wait to meet your beautiful family. Thanks for keeping it real. (Our schools have room moms too and they arrange everything--volunteers, supplies, etc)

bugnose7 said...

Sometimes you wonder who will survive you or your child. Surprising thing is you both make it.

Crystal said...

You need some screaming pictures because you will miss them in the future. It makes for crazy times now, but from what I hear, you miss them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
janc@mac.com said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween. Kids love this holiday so much.