Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Half way? How'd that happen?

  Somehow or other our "little" girl turned 9.  That's half way to 18, so weird!!  Jazlyn is such a sweet girl.  Her brothers all adore her and want to be with her all of the time!! Her most exciting present is a ticket to go to the Piano Guys concert next month with me.  We're quite pumped about it!  
A few things about Jazlyn:
She's a book-aholic!
She loves to play with friends 
She does awesome in school and is very conscientious
She loves learning about pioneers and church history, and below you'll get to see some pictures of our day trip learning about some of the sites around us we enjoyed over her birthday weekend.



She picked a delicious oreo cake (she agonized between that and an ice cream cake for weeks before deciding for sure).


We went to Adam-ondi-Ahman last weekend for the first time, where it was revealed to Joseph Smith that Adam and Eve lived when they left the Garden of Eden.  It is truly a beautiful and peaceful place.





We also enjoyed a few of the lesser visited sites, including a field where Haun's Mill was, and a few places in Richmond, Missouri.  The kids thought this pioneer cemetery was pretty cool to explore.  We also visited an Amish town.  The kids thought their horse and buggies were pretty cool.  The Amish don't like you to take pictures of them, so just imagine...


It's been really fun to explore lots of new places and make some fun family memories.  Keep scrolling, there's one new post below this one too!

8 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

I can't believe Jazlyn is 9! Time is going faster and faster. I just caught up on your most recent blogs. It's fun to see the birthday events, your savvy shopping deal of a suit, and pictures of everyone at the neat church history sites. I'll bet you're loving living where you do. We miss you. Thanks for keeping us posted on your family happenings.

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Its hard to believe our one and only granddaughter is 9 years old. She has brought us so much happiness and joy over the years. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. I'm glad you're getting out and seeing some of the sights. We MISS you!!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures!! Jazlyn is growing so fast. I can't believe she is 9 either. Looks like she had a great birthday. Wish we could have celebrated with her. Wes looks happy with his special birthday cake. Kelston looks very handsome in his new suit. Shelten has grown so much and Matsen is as handsome as ever. We miss you all!!

Crystal said...

That's great that you have been able to visit those historical sites. I am jealous! You guys are going to love the Piano Guys! We saw them at BYU-Idaho two years ago and loved them! It was such a fun concert.

Blogful said...

Happy Birthday Jazlyn! So grown up and mature (and a lot like Jane!)

Camille Hammond said...

Happy Birthday Jazlyn! I hope Lily will be as nice at age 9!

lisap said...

Jazlyn is such a cute girl! You have done some really cool site seeing.

Lindsey said...

I can't believe she is 9!!! I remember very well that day she was born and cuddling her as a baby. She is growing up so fast!