As most of you know, we made our exodus from Oregon recently. It was a bittersweet moment. I really was excited for the new adventure, but it was sad to leave so many special friends behind. I don't have a photo of every person that I will miss, but here are a few I captured.
Jazlyn had a few friends over for a little girl's good-bye party and that was fun for her to have some time with her friends (who she misses very much!)
Her special teacher from church also took her and her friend out for a good-bye lunch to her favorite Italian restaurant.
This is my sweet neighbor, Carrie, who I miss! She is super thoughtful and always looking for ways to help me and everyone else out.
Here are a few special young women (above and below) that I just love. The one up above made me a binder of all of the Beehives (12-13 year old girls in our church) that I taught while I was a leader (the oldest are now seniors). She put it altogether in one afternoon and it had pictures and a sweet note to me from each girl. I just bawled when I read it, I could not believe the thoughtfulness of this sweet girl to put that together for me!!
I reunited with my friend Camille about a year ago. We'd met when we were 15 and kept in touch until we were married, and then lost track of each other for 10 years, and then ran into each other one day, not knowing we both lived into the same city. It was fun to catch up with each other for a year and hopefully we don't lose track of each other now!
My parents came down to visit before we left and helped us get ready. It was fun to see them and we appreciate the helpfulness of our families so much! Wes's dad drove the moving truck for us too (whoops, missed that picture opportunity).
THE DRIVE:
I thought the drive was going to be awful, but it turned out to be much better than expected (not that most of us didn't have a melt down from time to time, but it was do-able).
We stopped in Utah and got to visit some relatives and see Temple Square, which was lots of fun!
My Grandma got to meet Shelten for the first time and I got to see her again--it'd been over 3 years!!
I also missed catching a picture with my cousin Crystal, who we had a quick meet up with.
Got to have a quick stop to see my great friend Rachel also while I was in Utah!
And I got to drive through and see my sister and her family before they also move. Is it just me or does it seem like half the world is moving right now? Can't wait to meet my new niece/nephew next time I see her!!
It was so fun to see our kids play so well together! Tytyn is such a cutie pie!
And I failed to get a picture of another stop to visit Wes's brother and his family. Wish my brain functioned on more of its capacity to remember these picture moments!!
Once we finally made it here, we had to stay in a hotel for several days until we could get into our house. Fortunately there was a highlight in this week. My college roommate, Maren, who lives several hours away met up with us one day and we got to hang out together. I love those friends who it doesn't matter how long it's been since you've seen each other, you can just pick right up where you left off and don't miss a beat.
Here's us with our crew!
And hopefully I'll get some pictures of the house once it's in a nicer looking state than it is now. We are loving Kansas so far and are feeling so welcomed by everyone!
I have to share that throughout this move I have felt the Lord's hand in so many small and big ways. I have always believed in the power of prayer, but it has been reaffirmed to move over and over how much Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. We had so many small and big prayers that were answered in miraculous ways. It has been such a blessing to see how God is involved in the details of our lives and cares about what is important to us. I know God answers prayers! I have so much gratitude for all of the wonderful people who made this move feel like a piece of cake because they volunteered to help in so many ways that I was not even stressed out like I imagined I would be. Thank you to all of you and to Heavenly Father!
8 comments:
Wow! Thank you so much for your testimony on prayer. I have teared up reading it. Exactly what I needed to hear. So so glad your move went so well. We just moved across town and it was such a pain. I can't even imagine moving across the country. You are amazing! Can't wait to see more, but loving all these awesome pictures!!
It's nice to hear you have arrived at your destination. Moves are hard on everyone but your faith and testimony certainly blessed you to deal with it and blessed your family too. We're excited to see the next phase -- settled into your next home. Love you all!
So happy everything has worked out for you. I know its taken you a long time to feel good about moving. I guess now was the "right" time. We will miss seeing you more often, but know this is a time for your family to grow and be on your own now. I totally agree with what you say about prayer. I seriously don't know how people who don't pray get through life! Best of luck with the unpacking. I love you, Mom
I'm so glad you guys were able to come and visit and that the kids were able to have a little cousin time! Its funny that we basically moved at the same time. I'm glad that everything worked out for you guys and I'm excited for you to start this new adventure:)
Moving is always a stressful, fun, exciting adventure.
That is a huge adventure.
Look how many friends you have! Did you happen to ask Maren why she never blogs anymore? I am so glad we were able to see each other while we were both in Utah. Good luck on your new adventure!
You remind me of me, moving with 4 little chicks to watch over and keep safe under your wing. It sounds like the move was a great trip down memory lane. Thank you for sharing your testimony of prayer. It's good to remember. I look forward to your adventures in Kansas.
Post a Comment