Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring Adventures


  We're having a fun spring, full of all kinds of adventures!!  First off, my mom, aunt, cousin and grandparents all came to visit.  It was fun to hang out with them and they got to meet our little cutie, Shelten.






  Next we went up to Discovery Bay in the Washington peninsula for spring break.  We had a fun time exploring up there.  These first pictures show some of the old army bunkers we checked out.  We also went to an aquarium, a game farm where we got to feed some animals out the car window, and see an old friend and stop by Wes's parents and Grandma's on our way home to say farewell for awhile.










Then this past week Wes, Shelten, and I went to Kansas City area to find us a home.  The market is hot!!  Houses were flying off the market before we even had a chance to see them or make an offer on them.  We were blessed to get an offer accepted on this cute house.  We still have to have an inspection on it but hopefully everything will go well.  Only a couple of more weeks left before the big move.  It hasn't quite sunk in yet.  We're excited for our new adventure!


  Tonight a super sweet friend organized a good-bye party where us ladies and our kiddos hung out while our husbands were enjoying a special priesthood general conference session.  Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures until half of the people had left, but here are a few special friends who I will miss!!  The whole moving process has been miraculous in so many little ways.  I know that there are still hurdles we have to cross before this chapter is over, but I have seen the Lord's hand direct our path and help things fall into place so quickly that I know this is where our family needs to be, as hard as it will be to leave.  It helps so much to have confirmation from the Lord that this is the right thing.



7 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

That looks live a lovely home. We are very excited for your move and all the adventures we're sure to see posted on your blog. Although you have surely posted a lot of adventures from Oregon in the past month too. Best wishes to ALL!

Blogful said...

So many blessings in moving. Yes, stressful, but really amazing at times too. Glad things are going well for yours so far. The new house looks awesome! Congratulations! Hope things continue to go smoothly.

bugnose7 said...

I love your new home. It is always fun to start in a new home. However I am not fond of the packing.

Crystal said...

You do have a new adventure awaiting you. Your new ward will be so happy to have you guys because you will bring strength to that ward. I hope all goes well with the inspection and you are able to proceed without too many hurdles.

Lisa said...

Wow, that is tough making an offer on a house so quickly. Good luck on your move

What Karen Sees said...

What a lovely 'new' home....it says "welcome, I'm glad you're coming to take care of me, and make memories here" written all over it!!!

Kay Lynn Larsen said...

Glad you got to go on a little family trip together before the BIG move. A lot of work is ahead of you, but it'll be worth it in the end. Can't wait to come and visit you in your new home. We wish you the BEST!!
Love you, Mom