Friday, November 8, 2013

Part II: Outstanding October

  I have to record the rest of the fun we had last month.  I did something very un-Kristy...I hosted a kid Halloween party.  Wes asked me several times if something was wrong with me, because I am not a party planner--especially for kids--what had come over me?  It turned out to be a lot of fun though.  Matsen helped me make the treats, bat cupcakes which we'd spotted from a cooking magazine, and pumpkin shaped rice krispy treats. The kids also made their own pizza squares.



  Here's us before the festivities started.  The kids were soooo excited!!  You don't realize how many details there are to plan until you're in the countdown it seems.  It was definitely worth it though when Jazlyn hugged me after the party and thanked me multiple times for having the party.






 Unfortunately Shelten was too big for the monkey costume his brothers wore (even though he was younger than they were at Halloween), so he sported his Halloween pjs instead.


 
Grandma, this picture's for you.  He loves snuggling with his soft froggy blanky you made him!

 Kelston's definitely in that fun 3 year old napping phase.  He still naps a couple of times a week, but when he doesn't nap he sometimes gets very cranky before bed.  This day I sent him to time out just before dinner when he was having a melt down.  When I called his name and there was no response I had the feeling he had passed out, and sure enough he was out on the ground!  Luckily he woke right up though.

Look at this big boy.  He is getting to be so much fun!!  This is one of my favorite baby stages, when he's content to not be mobile yet and smiley and social.  I just want to freeze him in time!!






9 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun mom you are, planning a Halloween party and everything! Way to go! Looks like everyone had a good time.

jamie t. said...

Your party looked like fun! I've done that before and I remember thinking ,"what was I thinking." In the end thought the kids have so much fun! Your kids are adorable as ever and you look fantastic

Lindsey said...

What a fun month you guys have had! Your kids are so lucky, you are the best Mom! I can't believe how big Shelten is getting! I wanna smooch his cheeks so bad!!!

Crystal said...

I am impressed! Little Shelten is so stinkin cute!

Russ Larsen said...

I can't believe how big Shelten has gotten in the past month since we've seen him!! He does look a lot like Matsen did at that age.
I'm glad your party turned out so fun. Looks like your cupcakes were really cute. Your kids will have fond memories of these times.
Love you, Mom

janc@mac.com said...

You are a heroic mom having an extra circular activity for kids like that. I'll bet your kids had as much fun helping plan it as you did :) I love the updates that show how the family is growing and changing. Time passes so quickly!

Camille Hammond said...

Cute pics, it was fun seeing how big Shelton is now. I didn't know you sewed; I may have to have you help me sometime!

Lisa said...

How did you throw a party on top of everything? Super cute and you get super mom of the month

drans007 said...

Shelton is SOOO cute. He looks the same age as Berklee. We have a Halloween party every year and let one of my kids host. Its a fun tradition. This year we got to have al the Clayton's over instead of friends.