October has been a fun but busy month! We've had some nice weather lately. The boys are such hard workers and seriously love to help outside. This was Kelston's first time mowing the lawn and he was in heaven.
Matsen didn't want to be left out of the fun of working outside so he came up with his own jobs.
Kelston's getting excited for the day when Shelten can play with him, but until then he's doing a good job helping out and giving him nice loves.
Shelten is such a sweet little guy, we all just love him to pieces. Poor guy has a stuffy nose now so he's having a rough time getting to sleep sucking on his binky because his nose is plugged.
We celebrated my birthday this month. Wes got me 2 dozen red roses and made me a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, per my request! Wes saw that there was a lego fest going on here around my birthday and wanted to go, so I requested that he take the older 3 kids so I could have a few hours to relax with just Shelten. I made sure not to clean during that time and just did stuff that I wanted to do and it was very rejuvenating!! The kids had a blast--Matsen said it was even better than Christmas, which if you know Matsen that is something amazing for him to say (he's been obsessed with Christmas for years). They even came home with a fun lego game.
This past weekend we went to Washington, especially so we could see Wes's grandma, who's had some health struggles lately. She got to meet Shelten for the first time. The kids were so sweet to give her hugs and cooperate for pictures for a change, hooray!
Probably Kelston's favorite part of going to Washington was getting to play with his grandparents dog. He is our first kid to be an animal lover, which is unfortunate for him since Wes and I are not pet people. He asks for a dog or cat periodically but he'll just have to get his fix at the grandparents' house. He loved on Gus, and fortunately Gus was very kind.
We also visited the capitol building in Olympia. I can't believe I lived in Washington for as many years as I did and never went there. It's a beautiful building and Matsen keeps talking about George Washington now, the kids enjoyed the tour there. I got to play on the 100 year old piano there in the reception room.
8 comments:
You have had a busy month and it isn't even over yet! Glad your bday was nice!
Loved the update and all the cute pics! Shelten is getting so big already!
Thanks for the update. Your kids are all growing so fast. I love seeing their personalities and hearing about you guys doing exactly the same kinds of things that happen at our house. Got to get these kids together some day!!
Beautiful pictures! I'm glad to hear you were spoiled for your BD -- roses, chocolate cake and time to yourself. That's a win, win, win for sure.
You might have to give in and get a dog one of these days...
You are so smart to take advantage of a short break. Maybe you can make that a weekly thing.
it was great to hear your voice earlier and sweet to "see" you now! That is one busy month. The kids are adorable and how awesome for you guys they like yard work!
Tell Wes good job on making your birthday a special day. Its always nice to have some "quiet" time when you have lots of little kids around. Glad you've been able to get out and do some fun activities with the kids. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment