This past week we went on our first vacation as a family of six. We had a great time! It really made me appreciate my parents so much who traveled all over Europe with my 3 siblings and I when we lived there when I was young. Traveling with 4 kids is no piece of cake. It was a lot of work, but hopefully everyone will remember the good parts (even though there were some rough spots too).
We went to southern Oregon and made a few exciting stops along the way: first at the Enchanted Forest.
Our next stop was at the temple in Medford, Oregon which none of us had seen before. It was beautiful and a great place to get out and stretch around.
Some of the beautiful scenery at the temple. I love how no matter what season it is, it's always beautiful on the temple grounds.
We stayed only an hour away from the California border, so we drove to the Lava Beds National Park in northern California and went through a few caves. It was one of the highlights of the trip, but would have been much less anxiety provoking if I didn't have Shelten in the front pack; I was worried about falling on him. Jazlyn and Matsen loved it--Kelston not so much. It would be a perfect family outing in flash forward about 3 years of our kids's ages.
Here's a view of us coming from inside the cave.
Shelten enjoyed his first vacation!
We went to Crater Lake on our way home and it was beautiful and so bright blue.
We also got to celebrate Jazlyn's 8th birthday, however my camera went out and so the pictures I took of her were 3/4 black. Grrr...so it might be awhile before there's a post with lots of pictures again.
10 comments:
Looks like you had a great time together. I liked the last picture of your whole family. It was a lot of work to take all of you on vacation, but most of my memories are sweet & that's how it'll be with your kids too. Love you, mom oxxoxo
Every day is like an adventure with little kids...let alone driving for hours and coordinateing meals and sleeping away. WAY TO GO! Looks like it was fun. Shelton is so sweet. CUTE hair. I also wonder, how did I get 7 kids and when does this playing house thing end:)
What a fun trip. It always makes it interesting with you start adding many kids in the mix. I'm sure many memories were had!
Wow you are adventurous to take a trip like that with a new born and 3 other kids. It looks like everyone had a lot of fun.
That looks like a brave undertaking. And yet, in retrospect, our family vacations -- stress and all -- were some of the happiest times of our parenting years. You're doing a great work and three or four more years from now, you'll enjoy the trip even more.
I am impressed that you got out so soon with your baby! Way to go! I can see your baby is already growing so much! I am sorry about your camera. That is a bummer!
I love seeing your family of 6! And, I can't wait to see baptism photos hopefully next! Glad for the update; you've been on my mind lots!
Family vacations are always hard to organize and clean up from but hopefully there are some happy times in between. Oregon is one of my favorite place to vacation with our kids.
Such fun family memories! Shelton is darling.
thanks for bring us thiar.
Post a Comment