Somehow my little boy turned five. Not quite sure how he got old enough to do this, but somehow he managed. I keep telling him to stop growing so quickly, but he's not listening too well. I'm savoring the days where he still wants to snuggle with me and blows me kisses from across the room while he's in swimming lessons, because I know those days are numbered before he gets too big for those kinds of things.
This was the first year Matsen got to have a friend birthday party and we kept it very simple. He had 3 friends over, besides his siblings, and they had a great time.
His favorite present was a light up remote control car.
Matsen has such a sweet tender heart. He's made tons of progress with his speech this past year. He's a great helper and organizer. He loves to play with Jazlyn and Kelston and is usually such a happy guy. We sure love him!
This is about a month old, but I had a small piano recital for my few students. Unfortunately 2 of the girls moved, and I'm not sure if I'll be taking on more students or not with the baby coming. But that's okay, there's a time and a season for everything, right?
Jazlyn did great at the recital. She is still quite the book worm and has started devouring Nancy Drew books, which makes me smile since I read pretty much every one ever written when I was about her age.
We had a quick visit from Wes's parents, brother, and cousins recently when they came in town. The kids were SOOOO excited to see their cousins. They've missed them so much since they moved far away and it was good to see them, even though it was only for a few short hours. Wish they lived closer!
Today our neighbors had a huge tree cut down and I was marvelling to myself about how well I thought Kelston was napping during the noisy process. I peeked into his room awhile later to find him perched on the arm rest of the rocking chair eagerly watching the tree cutting process. So much for his nap!! Both of the boys were entertained a good part of the afternoon watching this. Kelston said he wants to cut down trees when he gets bigger. Yesterday he said he wants to be a swim teacher when he gets bigger. It makes me smile to see him already thinking ahead and dreaming. I love my sweet kids!
Only about a month until we get to meet the new baby. We (especially me) are getting very anxious!!
9 comments:
You have such a sweet family. I am thinking to myself how did you grow up so fast. Wasn't it just yesterday you and Crystal were up a college and now you are both mothers.
I can't believe Jazlyn is old enough to read Nancy Drew books! I loved those books too. Matsen looks big!
Matsen looks so grown up! You are staying so busy and being such a great mom. How much longer until that baby arrives?
The funny part about one child aging is that even if you do turn your attention to him for a moment, the others are aging too. Parenting is very elusive. You think you're going to be at it for years and suddenly, nearly all at once it seemed, they were gone.
Wow! I can't believe he is 5 already! And I remember reading Nancy Drew books to like it was yesterday, she can't be that old already! Are your nap times phasing out a little bit too? I'm not ready for that yet!
I remembered when you turned five Kristy!! Its hard to believe all those years have gone by. I'm glad you're enjoying your kiddos (most of the time) because they really are gone before you know it. I'm excited to have them all here next week.
I loved the story about the boys and the tree cutting and then Jazlyn's total opposite reaction. Isn't it nice to experience both little girl & little boys outlooks? Keep up the good work & hang in there on your last month of pregnancy.
I love you, Mom
Ah, loved all the pics!!! Though I always miss you more! I will call this weekend.
Your kids are adorable. They are all growing up so fast
Happy birthday to Matsen! My Carter turns 5 tomorrow! Very cool you did a piano recital..you asked once how I taught so many students..i teach about 2 hours 5 days a week. 2 hours is just about right for the kids to watch a movie or play in the backyard before needing me and my baby naps. I've taught since they can remember and know the rules of leaving me alone. Have a good summer and good luck with your baby!
Post a Comment