Wes taught a Family Home Evening lesson about patience a few weeks ago. He set an Oreo cookie in front of each of the kids and told them not to eat it until we were finished with the lesson, and that if they waited, they could have 2 cookies. Amazingly Jazlyn and Matsen did really well. In fact, Wes told them they could have 3 cookies if they waited until the next day to eat them and they did. I didn't know they had that much patience in them. Kelston, however, didn't get the concept. He could tell that we weren't eating the cookies right away so he looked at his cookie and waited. But then he started licking his cookie. And after enough licking, he finally gobbled it up. What a funny boy!
Jazlyn's mini pumpkin she painted at school.
Here's the boys sporting their recent haircuts. They are LOVING legos!! Well, they've loved them for a long time, but have spent countless hours building fun things, which is really great!! They're becoming little buddies {some} of the time, which is big progress!
And since it's almost Thanksgiving, it's about time I posted some Halloween pictures of them. These are for you, Mom (Grandma).
They had a blast trick or treating!! It was really fun to see Kelston getting into it this year too. We are very blessed to have these three precious angels, even though they're very busy and causing me many gray hairs!!
5 comments:
I love that FHE lesson. We are going to have to try that one. It is great to see pictures of those adorable kids of yours. And don't worry... they're are grey hairs around here too!
That is a good idea for the future, I don't know if Tytyn would quite grasp it yet either, he would just want to gobble up the cookie as well. Glad to see a post finally! I have such a cute niece and nephews!
Hey, I liked the pictures!! It was fun to come and see you and watch the kids. They are pretty silly. We love you, Mom
Im impressed Jazlyn and Matsen could wait for their cookies, I don't think I have that kind of patience
Such cute pictures. Sorry I've missed some of these posts lately.
Post a Comment