Sunday, October 21, 2012

October Mish mash

  I can't believe it's been over a month since I've blogged.  I enjoy reading everyone else's blogs and am too lazy to upload and post pictures.  However, we've done some fun stuff this last month, so I must document them!  Several weekends ago we went on a day trip to visit Multnomah Falls, the fish hatchery, and the Bonneville Dam.  When we went into the gift shop at the hatchery they were just about to draw for a raffle, so we each stood on a number and Jazlyn's was picked.  She was thrilled with her prizes, as pictured here. 
 
 
 


The hike up to the falls is very steep and we didn't make it too far with all of the kiddos, but got a little taste of the hike and the beautiful scenery.



Here's a first:  the kids let me take their pictures and all cooperated!!  I LOVE this shot of them!




  Apparently our hike and adventures wore Matsen out. He fell asleep in the car on the way home from the day's activities.  I saw him get out of the car when we got home and while I was cleaning up a few minutes later I was thinking how quiet it was and wondering what Matsen might be up to.  I went into the family room to see that he had just barely walked out of the garage and into the house and collapsed to finish his nap on the floor.  Couldn't pass up the photo opportunity!!



  Jazlyn had a four day weekend this weekend and so we went to Seaside for a few days.  Unfortunately I was a lame mom and took one picture the whole time.  I did get a picture of Kelston as we were packing and getting ready to go the morning we left.  He was beside himself and abnormally cranky.  I couldn't figure out why.  Well, right before we got to Seaside I realized he wasn't feeling well, and he had a fever the first half of the trip and a nasty cough AND he's getting his 2 year old molars in.  Needless to say we had some rough nights there and he was not his happy self.  But we had fun most of the time anyways.


 
  Kelston has cheered up much more and is his happy self again by now.  I had to get a picture of his creation he came up with tonight.  Also, last night he pooped and peed in the potty for the first time in one sitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was a glorious occasion.  We all had ice cream to celebrate. 
 


  One more item to note.  Since my last post I had a significant birthday.  I don't know if I can bring myself to say the new digit or type it yet, but I'll give you a hint.  It has a new digit in the tens column that I've never experienced before: AAAHH!!  It was a fabulous birthday though.  I had some kind friends spoil me with my favorite treats, Wes had a big puzzle made for me with a picture of me and the kids on it and I got a break from the kids for a little bit.


10 comments:

jamie t. said...

You don't look a day past 20! I love those pictures of the kids. It always feels like a small miracle when you can all get them looking at the camera. Smiles are just the icing on the cake. Glad to see you guys are doign well and staying busy.

Lindsey said...

What a fun month! I miss you guys! I wish we lived closer to each other so we could do stuff like that together! Glad you had a good Birthday! I would never guess your a day over 23ish:) Love you!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! I love the picture of Matsen taking his nap.

Kaylene said...

HAPPY THIRTIETH!!! Warm it up for me - I'll be there soon enough. Sorry I missed you when you were in town. Next time, for sure! xoxo

Rachel said...

And we enjoy reading your blog, even if it's not as frequent! Since Instagram I am in that boat! I am glad you have wonderful friends who spoiled you- some people are just self-absorbed :)JK, you are very loved for your many virtues, and forgiveness is one I am going to take advantage of! I look forward to making it up soon.

janc@mac.com said...

I missed reading about your fun family adventures. You are such a great parent. I am impressed that you take your kids on far-away trips while they're so young. It's hard but I'll bet they remember them forever.

Russ Larsen said...

Glad you got to get away for a few days and glad you enjoyed your "big" birthday!! You still look great and beautiful!! Give the kids some kiss and hugs from grandma. Love you, Mom

Crystal said...

I love the picture of Matsen passed out on the ground! That is so funny! You look beautiful at 30!

drans007 said...

I KNOW that digit couldn't be a 4 so happy 30!!! You look 20 :). It's rare that I check blogs and it's nice to see other people get too busy to post more than once a month too. It's fun to see your kids growing up. Jazzy reminds me of Taitlin.

Blogful said...

So glad you posted, because your kids are getting HUGE! Happiest of Birthdays!