Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lately

I thought in May things would slow down a little, since April was crazy busy, but apparently not.  I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately.  I just got home from our youth talent show tonight.  I'm over the 12-13 year old girls at my church and they are such an amazing group of girls.  They planned and carried out pretty much the whole talent show on their own and did a great job!  The leaders all put together a band and song (I did keyboard) to a country song and that was really fun too.  The weather has been hot and gorgeous here the past couple of weeks and it feels like summer already.  We're loving hanging out at the park with friends and getting our garden going.  I looked out the window a few Saturday mornings ago and saw Matsen helping Wes mow the lawn.  My heart just melted.  It was so cute to see them bonding, and you could tell Matsen thought he was so big for being able to help!  He's been fascinated with Wes mowing the lawn ever since he could move.  Speaking of Matsen, he gets to finally start a speech class this week, which we are SOOOO excited about!  Hopefully it will help a lot.  We understand him fine, but others have a difficult time knowing what he's saying.

One of the kids favorite and easiest treats to make is to dip a banana in melted chocolate, sprinkle with coconut and let it harden in the freezer for an hour or so.  You should try it!!  Here's some pictures of them enjoying it.  I can't believe there's only a month left of school.  The school year has flown by so fast.  Jazlyn has really gotten into reading the past several months and it's so fun to hear her read stories to the boys.

Kelston is growing up soooo much lately.  He's becoming quite the talker and has put 3 word phrases together, which is super exciting!  He is still an awesome eater and is such a fun boy.  You can tell he's nearing the age of 2 because he's becoming much more independent and wanting to do things himself.  Things are crazy, but life is great!  I am constantly in amazement at the many blessings Heavenly Father blesses our family with, especially the joy of watching these precious angels grow and learn!

8 comments:

Adrianna said...

Love that picture of Matsen mowing the lawn with Wes. Love to see little boys wanting to be just like Dad. At the end of preschool today, everyone was out on the sidewalk using chalk and as Matsen was getting in the car, he turned and said goodbye to everyone. He is always so quiet, so I was super surprised! Seemed like a big step for him.

jamie t. said...

That is so sweet with Matsen mowing the lawn. they always want to be just like their dads. I am glad the weather has been nice and you are staying busy with those cute kiddos!

Lindsey said...

Tytyn loves to help mow the lawn too! I can't wait to get them all together in June, it will be so much fun to watch them play (and fight) together:)

clairy said...

Your little ones are growing up so fast! Your family is so lovely

Russ Larsen said...

Its great Matsen is learning to mow the lawn at a young age...Wes knows what he's doing!! Now who does Jazlyn remind you of reading to her younger siblings? Its fun to see the next generation and how they're so much like their parents. I love them all!!! Mom

Crystal said...

I love those moments with dad and son because you know how much it means to them.

Lisa said...

Your kids are growing up so fast

janc@mac.com said...

What a cute post. It was fun to see the early training in yard maintenance :) Tell Jazlyn Hi. The banana treat sounds delicious. We'll have to try it.