We each had to memorize our lines and our personal solo, as well as a group song. The songs are amazing and tell the story of each of the ten virgins, and each has her own struggles she is experiencing in life that we could all relate to. It took us many hours to put the production together. A special BIG thank you to Wes for his many hours of watching the kids while we practiced. My mom wanted to come to the performance, but couldn't come the day of, so she came down for our dress rehearsal the night before and took some pictures. Jazlyn came with her and enjoyed watching it too. Not only was it a very spiritual experience, but it was also empowering to know that I conquered a fear that I have had for over 20 years of singing a solo in public, and not saying this to brag, but I actually think I did pretty good. I was proud of myself for going outside of my comfort zone. Here are the lovely talented ladies I was privileged to spend extra time with as we prepared (2 of them were young women).
Jacob also came down with my mom and entertained the kids. They only have a few more times left to play together before he leaves on his mission in a few months to St. George. Jazlyn and Matsen will miss him so much--however, Kelston was not warming up so easily since he hasn't seen him much with him being away at college.
Kelston's all time favorite pastimes (besides sucking on his thumb, binky and hauling his stuffed animals around) are playing with legos and play-do and he wants to do them all day long. But it's actually really fun that he's found something he likes to do besides just getting into everything. Even though play-do makes a huge mess, it keeps him nicely entertained while I make dinner.
8 comments:
Glad I was able to come down and see your performance. It was really nice and you did an awesome job!! Its amazing when we go out of our comfort zone the Lord helps us grow. Just think, you'll probably get ask to sing all the time now. I love you, Mom
That is awesome you had a great experience. I am sure you did great on your solo. I have a hard time doing solos anymore because I start crying or I am really nervous and my voice starts to shake. I wish I could have heard the program. By the way, I had my baby and finally posted about it on my blog.
So proud of you! I bet you were fantastic! And you're mom's right, you'll probably be asked to step in FRONT of that piano more often and sing!
I am proud of you! I can tell that you received much help and it's that way whenever we give our hearts along with our will to serving others -- even if that service involves performing. Good job!
That is huge! Nice job on your performance, wish I could have seen it.
You are awesome! I need to be more like you!
Wow I am so proud of you. That is a big fear to conquer. It is surprising to me that you are edified and I am sure all who watched were also.
What a neat experience! Your kids look great too. Way to be a wonderful mother!
Post a Comment