Sunday, March 18, 2012

You know a little girl lives in your house when...

...you find your lamp decorated with hairbows. The kids have been stuck in the house all week with sicknesses, so they're coming up with some unique ways of entertaining themselves. Another silly Jazlyn thing: tonight she randomly decided to write down a different "password" for each bedroom and bathroom door in the house which consisted of assorted numbers and letters (even though she knows how to spell words) and taped it onto each door. She was sure to let us know we didn't have to say the password before we were entering our own room, just someone else's room. I don't recall ever talking to her about passwords before, so I have no idea how she came up with this. Such a funny girl!


I'm behind in blogging, but my parents came a few weeks ago and watched the kids while Wes and I went out on a date. Kelston, for the first time became quite attached to Papa. It was adorable to watch! He and Matsen were both fighting over Papa's ipad.
P.S. Just wanted to let out the frustration that this is the 3rd time the boys have been sick in less than a month....GRRRRR...However, the silver lining to this is that I've gotten some extra cuddle time with my little boys.

12 comments:

mtwbb said...

Those are some cute kids you have. You must have a cute husband to go with them.

Christy Wheeler said...

That lamp is awesome, she is showing signs of becoming quite the crafter! :)

jamie t. said...

Sorry you guys have been sick... and i love the hair bows. We find things like that all the time at our house.

Monica said...

It is fun to see how kids will entertain themselves (except when it is making a huge mess that they won't want to clean up :-). I'm sorry the kids have been sick. My kids keep passing around a bad cough. I just want it out of my house so we are all healthy when it's time for the baby to arrive!

Adrianna said...

The kids are always blocking passage to various rooms in the house (mostly the front door, though) and demanding you guess their made-up password (usually something like popcorn princess, or open sesame), so Jazlyn would fit right in over here! :) Sorry about all the sick bugs, we've gotten them too! No Fun! 5 weeks home from church, and Sterling missed an entire week of school from Croup!

Russ Larsen said...

Remember when we had that whole canister of barrettes & Lindsey put ALL of them in my hair?? Little girls are so funny, but make life so fun!! I hope You & the kids get feeling better soon. I'm sure its because we're NOT getting enough sunshine!!
Love you, Mom

Melissa said...

You poor thing! I think the mom suffers just as much (if not more) than the sick child...especially if there's more than one at a time. Hope there's an end in sight!

p.s. you gotta love those little girls

Rachel said...

Sorry they're sick again! It's been a really bad year for some!

janc@mac.com said...

What darling kids you have. I love that creative game of passwords that Jazlyn thought up. Very clever girl. You might put the hair bows on the lampshade idea on Pinterest.

Crystal said...

She is so creative!

Sarah said...

Very cute.

Lisa said...

Hope you guys feel better soon. It was so nice of your parents to give you a release for a few hours.