Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My name is Kristy and I'm addicted to chocolate

After I consumed an abnormally large amount of candy and chocolate over the holidays, I decided to try to get my chocolate addiction in check by cutting all desserts, treats, etc. out of my diet for just under a month. It's been a week now and for the most part things are going well. But sometimes after the kids get to bed, I get in my munchy mode and just want to bake cookies. But I have refrained and will make it until Valentine's Day without caving in. Thankfully my mom and sister were excited to do this challenge with me so I have someone to help me out. Of course, the first day into this I was at young women's (for the weekly youth church group I help with at church) and they had a Costco cake for dessert and asked me to cut it. It took a lot of will power to not even lick my fingers when I was done, let alone devour a piece or two. It's definitely mind over matter.

13 comments:

Christy Wheeler said...

You can do it! Go Kristy!

Lindsey said...

We can do it!!! With my cookie experience last night I now know how you felt with the costco cake, but the good part is we had enough willpower!!! Yay us!!!

Adrianna said...

Wow! This is a big step for you, little chocoholic, you! :) But a worthy goal! Good luck!

Melissa said...

Go Kristy Go!! Go Kristy Go!!

Monica said...

Way to go. I am not even going to attempt that right now. Especially with being pregnant.

Rachel said...

You go girl. That cake would have done me in! Inspire me, I have 5 months to go to get where I want!

jamie t. said...

Keep it up! I wish I could...

janc@mac.com said...

Way to go!!! Give this girl a pat on the back and if she lived closer even a great big hug. You are the woman!

Lisa said...

I needed that post a week ago. This past week I have fallen into the call and addiction of chocolate.

Sarah said...

You can do it! A great goal!

Russ Larsen said...

Good job Kristy. Why does food...especially treats have to be soooo good??? The first week or two is the hardest and then your body doesn't crave it. Keep it up.
Love you, Mom

Dangcutekids said...

Very impressive. You're so skinny already, be careful about how many chocolates you cut!

Skeem's said...

YOur amazing, especially with the Costco cake, those things are SO good, I probably would have put my face in it!