Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and teeth

We just got back from a super fun trip home to Washington for Thanksgiving. We had such a great time visiting with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! Being with them reminds me of how grateful I am for families. I am so blessed to have an amazing family, including the family Wes and I have started, as well as the family I was born into and the family I married into. We enjoy spending time together and I'm so grateful for each one of them. I am also very grateful for good health, a nice warm home, Wes's job and the blessings of being a stay-at-home mom. I am also so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to have a personal relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. Even though I love being a stay-at-home mom, it is hard and some weeks it seems I'm having a few breakdowns a week. Without prayer and strength from the Lord I would not be able to carry on and try to keep everything in perspective.

Unfortunately I spaced bringing the camera with on our trip, so I'll have to grab some pictures from the cute ones my mom took. But for now, here's some exciting news for Jazlyn. Anyone who's seen her in the past month or so has probably noticed one of her front teeth poking out at a 45 degree angle. Today she accidentally bumped her two front teeth looser, but I was rather excited so they could just come out. She will have a new meaning to "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" now! She's growing up so big!



7 comments:

Lindsey said...

She looks so cute and SO grown up! I had so much fun with you guys this week! It went by way too fast!

Rachel said...

Wow, she looks really old now!

Russ Larsen said...

So how did she make out with the tooth fairy?
Sure enjoyed your visit.
Love, Dad

The Nielsons said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. And yes, prayer is much needed as a mom!

Russ Larsen said...

Good thing we got some pictures right before she lost her teeth, although she looks pretty cute. We enjoyed all of you this past week. It was a little crazy at times, but so much fun! I love you, Mom

Heather said...

Hi! Yes, I agree! Its fun 'seeing' our kids doing similar things at the same time! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!

Dangcutekids said...

I think Jazlyn and Knox should have a toothless party. I love how they look without their front teeth. She's darling!